• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500

B
Nov 26, 2007
:confused:

Did Dodge do something drastic in 07 and 08 :confused:

If they didn't, the interior on the 07 and 08 GM trucks is pretty tough to beat...Ford's new interior is good too.

Like I said the newest Dodge I was in was an 06 that was pretty well equipped ... they would have had to have come a long way from there.

Maybe they have :confused:. If so I'd like to check one out.

the 09 is a new from the ground up truck... the new dodge interior splits the difference between the ford and chevy, some elements from both

H
Jan 28, 2004
Went and checked out the 09' online, and wow, it is a nice truck. First Dodge I actully like. Just want a Diesel in it to boost the mileage.

I just hope when they bring the diesel, that they dont go for high HP numbers, and go for milage. If people want power they can get a 3/4 or bigger.

B
Nov 26, 2007
i keep hearing about a 5.0L v8 cummins as the premium diesel engine for the 1500 series, rumor has it putting down about 27-28mpg combined mileage

H
Jan 28, 2004
i keep hearing about a 5.0L v8 cummins as the premium diesel engine for the 1500 series, rumor has it putting down about 27-28mpg combined mileage

That would be awesome. I was hoping they would bring out a Tacoma with a Diesel that could get that.

Anyone know what the European diesel Tacoma's get for mileage?

B
Nov 26, 2007
pay attention to the dodge sites, they actually have them running around in test mule trim right now... i've heard that the only alterations to them is that it has a hemi badge and a slightly different exhaust and is so quiet no one would suspect them as being diesels so they don't have to hide it at all... chevy should have the first 1/2 ton smoker on the market, supposedly as an early release '10 model, probably by mid next summer...

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
There are 2 small ( don't ask me why ) V8 diesels, Been around for a wile now. The exhaust is cleaner than the air in LA too.:cool:

You will see them soon.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Hmmm

And I always was told that it would be a snowy day in July when Cummins came out with a v-based mill. Guess they need the smoothness.

As for the new Ram. I like what I see. If you look in the vids, it kinda resembles the 2005 Superduty in front from the side... just a tiny bit.. anyone elds catch that?.
The new ideas are what I like. that storage box is a great idea, I always find that junk ends up in front and behind those wheel wells anyways.
To have it hold up, is another thing.
Heated steering wheel... MEH -
The cold drink storage is a plus, but could get messy with the wrong pasengers... and carpet. still a great idea!
Camera, good idea, tail pipes... kinds cheesy, but whatever.

All in all I like the look.

Premium Features