• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Metallica enters Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame!

Metallic(a)sled

Premium Member
Jan 24, 2008
Rock Springs Wy
dude Metallica is Awesome, the first four albums were classic, the black album is pretty good, load and reload were nothings special, st. anger was a little better and death magnetic was almost as good as their old stuff, but with how long they have been around and how old they are what can you expect. That may just be me cause i really like Metallica for there song structures and not just their speed and power, lots of bands are faster and heavier but they don't have the arrangements.

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
I would be willing to bet that the guys that are dissappointed with Metallica were fans long before the guys that love them were even a glimmer in their parents eye. I myself am a big fan but did not join the bandwagon until the early to mid 90's so I was not dissapointed with their change. I am sure that everyone can agree their commercial success is unmatched by any of their peers.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Meh.. Metallica is so overrated now it's ridiculous. They haven't made a decent album since ..And Justice for All.

Funny, coming from a Megadeath fan.

I can't believe anyone would say that Metallica sucks. They absolutely rip! Great in concert and they have with stood the test of time (how is Megadeath doing??? LOL). I didn't like St. Anger that much and they wondered a little with Load and Reload, but the new album is good. I so dig "All Nightmare long". That song is sick. I like several other bands including Tool, Pantera, etc., but Metallica is tops on the list.

Funny how serious some people are getting into this discussion. Some guy just posted that they made it to the Hall of Fame, he wasn't asking you to donate money or put Metallica stickers on your truck. Too each their own and we all have opinions.

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
Some guy just posted that they made it to the Hall of Fame, he wasn't asking you to donate money or put Metallica stickers on your truck. Too each their own and we all have opinions.

Well said...I think it's awesome that Metallica made it in the hall...I hope it opens the door for a number of other heavy bands that deserve to be in...Alice Cooper for example.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
dude Metallica is Awesome, the first four albums were classic, the black album is pretty good, load and reload were nothings special, st. anger was a little better and death magnetic was almost as good as their old stuff, but with how long they have been around and how old they are what can you expect. That may just be me cause i really like Metallica for there song structures and not just their speed and power, lots of bands are faster and heavier but they don't have the arrangements.

X2

I like everything they have put out. Some more than others. I really like the new album.

I dont get why guys have to bash?? Metallica is an awesome band. Millions upon millions of albums sold, countless sold out tours, and induction into the rock and roll hall of fame...........enough said. Thats fine if you dont like them, but dont say they suck............cause they dont.:beer;

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Metallica is a super imposed band with way too much ego. I have seen them in concert and was not impressed and I would no way in he!! pay the astronomical price for their impending show. The show is in December and the tics went on sale 4/4/09 - 8 months PUHLEEEAZE! Talk about ego.

Further, I think Pantera could kick the socks off of Met-lick-a or Mother Metallica (as I call them).

My .02 . . .

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Metallica sucks so much I am going to their next concert on Dec 7th with my wife & son. Floor tickets for the first time since their Black Album tour with Faith No More. YAAHOOO!!

St.Anger was awful!
Death Magnetic kicks azz!

Puff_N_AK - They replaced Mustaine with Kirk Hammett who was in Exodus at the time.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
Funny, coming from a Megadeath fan.

I can't believe anyone would say that Metallica sucks. They absolutely rip! Great in concert and they have with stood the test of time (how is Megadeath doing??? LOL). I didn't like St. Anger that much and they wondered a little with Load and Reload, but the new album is good. I so dig "All Nightmare long". That song is sick. I like several other bands including Tool, Pantera, etc., but Metallica is tops on the list.

Funny how serious some people are getting into this discussion. Some guy just posted that they made it to the Hall of Fame, he wasn't asking you to donate money or put Metallica stickers on your truck. Too each their own and we all have opinions.
First of all - I didn't say all of Metallicas music sucks, just anything after AJFA. Kinda funny that most of Kill Em All, and parts of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were actually written by Dave Mustaine.

Oh, and Megadeth is doing a lot better than Metallica. They can still write good metal (except Risk) instead of that crap Metallica has been putting out since 1990.

ps - im not "serious" about this discussion, just sharing my own opinion.

edit - i like the negative rep from someone that can't even sign it.. seems people take this a little personal.

Last edited:
S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
First of all - I didn't say all of Metallicas music sucks, just anything after AJFA. Kinda funny that most of Kill Em All, and parts of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were actually written by Dave Mustaine.

Oh, and Megadeth is doing a lot better than Metallica. They can still write good metal (except Risk) instead of that crap Metallica has been putting out since 1990.

ps - im not "serious" about this discussion, just sharing my own opinion.

edit - i like the negative rep from someone that can't even sign it.. seems people take this a little personal.

Are you a megadeth fan?? I couldn't tell? ;)
Way to go Metallica!!! :cool::cool: I like their early stuff the best :D

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
2 worst events in Metallica history:

James picked Lars over Dave Mustaine, Looking at the ammount of kick Azz albums Megadeth has put out, Mr Hetfield might have made a mistake.

Cliff's unfortunate accident, the band was never the same, and their albums pretty much sucked from that point on.

I'll add 1 more:

Metallica choosing Bob Rock to produce the black album. I think he's the one that kept on pushing them toward the pop side of things.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
i am so f-ing sick of that damned metallica radio channel right now I could puke.

GET THE F*CK OVER IT PEOPLE.

If you want to do nothing but listen to metallica and jack off to metallica buy the f-ing box set and spare the rest of us your gay fanboi fantasies :rolleyes:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
haha, i listen to that channel pretty much every time im in the truck!

I cant say ive been a metallica fan very long, as im only 19, BUT, i got introduced to it by some of my cousins and lets just say it made me appreciate music.

Saw em on tour this fall in portland, it was awsome, they are a very talented band, and to be kicking as much *** as they did 25 years later, i dont see how you can hate on that. as far as tickets going on sale that far in advance, well, the ones in denmark and stuff this fall sold out in early december, so call it what you want, BUT, people like em, and they rock.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I had an original pressing of Kill 'em all, I was sold on 'em after that, got to see 'em in concert with cliff twice... Justice was indeed their last "real" album... the black album was the beginning of the end... they can still rock but they are still a pu$$ified version of tehmselves now...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's obvious that the opinions are based on how hard Metallica is now. They were really hard back before Black and have changed. However, not many hard bands have made it. Don't tell me some really hard bands have made it when they have a portion of the fans of Metallica. That is a pretty good sign they have made it.

Oh, and Megadeth is doing a lot better than Metallica.
What? Please explain. Here is some Megadeath lovers site: www.megadeath.com. Go vote for your pick of all time favorite band and see who is getting the most votes (on a Megadeath website no less!).

By the way, I didn't give you the bad rep. I would leave my name and I've never given bad rep before anyway. Rep is gay.

i am so f-ing sick of that damned metallica radio channel right now I could puke.
I usually change the channel when that happens.

Last edited:
L
Jan 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Haha, I'm on several other forums and this seems to be a common theme. Everyone is very polite and nice (for the most part) and then comes a Metallica thread.......BOOM!

I don't know what it is about this one particular band, but if you started a thread on any other, there would be a fraction of this controversy.

Personally, St. Anger and part of Death Magnetic piss me off. But I forgive them for that. They kept up with the times, and that shows a great understanding for the music industry, and a great intelligence that few bands show. Bravo for being brave, trying something new. I didn't like the music, but they probably wouldn't be as popular now as they are without that experimentation.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Glenwood,MN

GET THE F*CK OVER IT PEOPLE.

If you want to do nothing but listen to metallica and jack off to metallica buy the f-ing box set and spare the rest of us your gay fanboi fantasies :rolleyes:

Hey ,guess what? You dont HAVE to listen to the Metallica channel!! Turn it to something you like and stfu:confused:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hey ,guess what? You dont HAVE to listen to the Metallica channel!! Turn it to something you like and stfu:confused:

Yeah that would be great, except now there is no metal channel to turn to ...:rolleyes:

Because, ya know, we all have to put our mouths around Metallica's penis' and bob our heads up and down cuz they're SOOOOO so so os so sooooo metal, ya know? :rolleyes:

OH BUT HEY WAIT!

I just turned the channel

ZOMG THERE IS METALLICA ON 4 OTHER F-ING STATIONS!

f*ck metallica

E
Nov 26, 2007
I.F.
Well, I've kept quiet long enough. metallica isn't worthy of even playing in the same time zone with the likes of Angus, Eddie, Knopfler, Perry, STEVIE RAY FRICKIN VAUGHN!!!:D....The list goes on & on. Just because you can play "fast & power" chords doesn't mean you accomplished anything. Anybody can play fast:cool:.

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, I've kept quiet long enough. metallica isn't worthy of even playing in the same time zone with the likes of Angus, Eddie, Knopfler, Perry, STEVIE RAY FRICKIN VAUGHN!!!:D....The list goes on & on. Just because you can play "fast & power" chords doesn't mean you accomplished anything. Anybody can play fast:cool:.

This is true. I love Metallica (old and new minus St.Anger) but I'll listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn over them any day:cool:. Something about his playing thats just full of soul that makes me stop and listen every time:).

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Good Metallica Albums:
Kill em all
Ride the lightning
Master of puppets
And justice for all
Garage days revisited
Black album (i'll let this one slide)