• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hardcore

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Trying to find a little more info on these sleds... cats seems to be all over the place, imagine that :face-icon-small-dis .

Website says slide action skid in one spot, float action in another. Which is it and whats the difference?

Weight says 438... 1lb lighter than the Alpha One... how?

What does it come with for shocks in the skid? Says floats, shows coil overs.

Are the rails braced or 1 piece?

MSRP?

If anyone knows anyone who can get answers I and many others would appreciate it I’m sure. A full list of differences would be schweeet.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i think it will be a hit for hard riders.
the skid looks like coil shocks but with the float action label. Slide action i believe is their torsion sprung short track skid (ZR?).
to me it looks like rail braces.
and yeah, they must have the same person in charge of web details if the mistakes are still there in the specs. we will have to nail it down from the pics. has to be a notably heavier model, but built for serious punishment. looks to me they've made a sled for every rider this year, and look at all the nay-sayin from the keyboard engineers...

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Rails look to have the braces installed that are in the accessory catalog. Says adds 7.5-8lb for the rail reinforcement.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
This sled is basically to fill the void where the HCR used to be and have a sled to match up with the Freerides and Assault platforms. While it still uses the branded name "floataction" skid it has FOX 1.5 ZERO QS3 coilover shocks all the way around. They defiantly need some website updating as the slide-action suspension is basically there torsion spring suspension used on the ZR and some of the XF models. Rails...I couldn't find any info.

I think its gonna be a pretty awesome sled, they just need to provide more details. I personally hate floats and could see myself on one of these!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
All the photos show a coil rear track shock too. They can still do a QSL lockout compression adjuster with a coil.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
They failed big time on the details, but this sled is exactly what I'm looking for. The walker evans the assaults come with are just junk a 10 year old could bottom out, and they have a wider ski stance. Unless I'm mistaken the HC has the same stance as the rest of the mountain lineup. Same gearing too.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Its a really cool option. The only thing that sucks is how rediculously heavy the stock braces they are using are. You wont bend them, but for a factory option its kind of sad how rough and blocky they look.

For the guy who like to hammer and jump this is a slick setup though. mega strength in one of cats weakest spots coupled with better shocks. It should do really well for the right riders.

highcountry8000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Illinois
Anyone get a good answer on the weight? Trying to figure out how this is lighter then the Alpha?

Also gearing on the website says 0 to 3000 ft? Which I found strange?

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Anyone get a good answer on the weight? Trying to figure out how this is lighter then the Alpha?

Mostly european sales... Thats wy... 2018 was allready hardcore in europe..

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland

Specs in Finnis... Kuivapaino = dryweight
Alpha is only 5kg lighter than hardcore..........
8d7ae3cb908785db67b497d6b8f7e0da.jpg

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Specs in Finnis... Kuivapaino = dryweight
Alpha is only 5kg lighter than hardcore..........
8d7ae3cb908785db67b497d6b8f7e0da.jpg

so the...

Hardcore 454.1 lbs
Alpha 443.1 lbs

according to the Scandinavian option list, which makes sense.
Arctic Cat North American website...not so much !

Bozarth

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Eureka MT
Has anyone out there picked up there hardcore yet? I'd like to see some pictures posted on here so I have something to look at until mine shows up! I keep seeing the alpha everywhere but not much mention of the hardcore.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Havent seen the HC but my local dealer got a 19 Mountain Cat the other day. I really like the new controls and brake set up. WAY more comfortable and the new brake res/lever set up feels like its going to be super powerful.

C
Feb 23, 2011
Norway
With regards to weight and specs from European sources, you have to keep in mind the sleds may/usually have different specs from what is normally sold in America. For example, M8000s (except Hardcore) sold in Norway (from atleast 2016), unless special ordered, came with a full length cooler in the tunnel.

"Hardcore" models became available with the 2016 model year here and in the 2017 model year it dominated in sales over the Sno Pro (MC unavailable). 2018 model year sleds went about 50/50 HC and MC in sales.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
:face-icon-small-coo I'd welcome a "full length-cooler" Anyone else?
No. I like the clean undertunnel look and hopefully less snow to turn to heavy slush ice and weighing me down.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features