• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hmk and fxr top line boa boots

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Holy $hit these things are expensive. I thought klim was proud of their stuff. I have klim radium gtx's now and like the stiffness and the dry feet every ride but hate lacing them up and they do loosen up during the day sometimes.

Anyone have any real world experience with them. I am talking about the hmk pro focus boa and the fxr mountain light focus boa. Both with around $380 list prices. That's a lot of $$. They better be dam good. Leaning towards the hmk because of the waterproof AND breathable but open to others experiences.

Might not do anything in the end for that much lol.

zblink

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Mi
I don't have either of those boots but I wear Vans Cirro Boots with an Upper and Lower BOA and I can attest to the BOA system.

1. It stays where you set it and can easily tighten and release

2. I busted a knob on one of the boots and with an email to BOA it was no questions asked quick replacement (they were 3-4 years old)

Definitely my next pair of boots WILL have a BOA system
https://www2.boatechnology.com/warranty.php

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I went with the HMK boa focus last year. I liked the fit, support and boa system but the boot was way to warm for my feet and everyday would be soaked with sweat, also developed a horrible funk. I also had holes in both soles in less than 25 rides.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We have used both pairs last year for around 5-7 days each. Both are near identical boots. The both work super well and you can really crank these things down to get the most ankle support in the industry. For some people they have too much support though, and some people are scared of fastening systems like BOA or Buckles etc, as any sort of fastener can break at any one moment and then you are SOL in the back country. If laces wear out, you have seen them wearing generally and just chose not to replace them in time, and lace up boots generally can be make shifted to work for the day. But to answer the original question both work awesome, our thumbs up goes to the FXR on this particular boot as it is a bit lighter.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I rocked my HMK voyagers with the BOA for 50 days last year...no issues.

Its less expansive then the HMK Team BOA boot and has less insulation. I found it the perfect riding boot.

Once you go BOA you will never go back!

I bet www.blownmotor.com even has them in stock!

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
FXR Tactic with Boa......love 'em. Never really thought I would look at the Boa system. But once I cranked them up I was sold. Sure is nice at the end of the day as well when you just want to get out of your gear and kick back. :)
Cheers
RS

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
This will be my 3rd season with my pair of HMK pro boa focus boots, and they have been fantastic. They still look new, except the soles (my airframes took care or those), are very warm and stay tight. I will never go without a boa system in any future boot I may buy

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I rocked the HMK voyager. awesome boot. love the BOA. snapped a lace on a sharp edge on the sled, free replacement no questions asked.

they held up great besides the fact i poked a hole in the base of one kicking my 0* snowbike 100 times in a row trying to get it to fire one day. for sledding they worked great and showed little signs of wear.

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
I have the HMK Team Boa Focus. I really like them, they have great support, are light and comfortable. The only thing that I would say is a bit of a downfall is that they bottoms are not real hard and when you scrape the running boards with your boots to clean the snow and ice, the rubber will rip off. Not all the time but it has happened. I would not let this affect your buying decision because I will definitely buy them again.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012

Not talking apples to apples with that listing. Those are a couple years old, the new ones have the H3 BOA system and are a little different in design.

We realize that cost savings will always be a concern when purchasing sled gear as it is expensive, but the more we can support companies that support our sport, the better off we will be. Amazon could care less about snowmobiling, if the boots don't sell they blow them out and bring in other products to fill it's spot.

For the last 2 seasons, i have had great success with the Stompers.
It was the 1st boot for me that allowed an all-day wear including driving.

Now this REDLINE feels like the next level! The ankle support, shin protection and 1200 grams of insulation are what I've been missing..

The price, $250 that's a grandslam.... imo.

http://www.motorfist.com/product.php?p=160&c=13

The redline has definitely caused some ruffles in the industry so far this year, it will be nice to see what people think after a few months of riding them. Cool idea and design, now time to put them through the ringer and see how the buckles hold up! We have sold a ton of them though, hopefully they work flawless with no issues!! Glad you like them so much!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Another vote here for the FXR Tactic and Elevation lite!! Wore both pairs as proto types last year and they work amazingly well and the productions quality boots are twice as nice. Always wanted to wear the HMK but my feet would sweat like crazy and always be soaked at the end of the day. This seems to be a common problem for a lot of people!! plus I have always had a great experience with the FXR warranty process.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I guess I am a little confused by a couple comments. Are the hmk boots that much more insulated than the fxr ones. Seems that the hmk with waterproof and breathable insert would be better than the fxr with only a waterproof liner.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Do the FXR boa boots run pretty true to size?

ie; are you wearing the same size as your street shoes?

Premium Features