• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultimax xs belt less rpm, how to adjust?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You have no idea who’s shop this is. And if you think they are a bunch of pussies, your wrong. Come ride with them for a week. They are a bunch of wood ticks.
This is a pic of “my shop” at my cabin. I don’t take kindly to your post.
Yep, your right, every thing gets cleaned every night. We don’t treat our sleds or maintain them like ****spreaders.
That orange sled is my ‘18 that was on engine number 4 last year.
Trailer queens....
Now if your being facetious, that’s another story. But I still take offense.
You're right. I don't know who's shop it is, nor do I care but whoever owns this shop is an anal freak. I'm surprised the sleds don't have carpet booties on the skis.
The guy prolly has uhmw on the waxed snowblower bottom so it doesn't scrape the driveway.
The shelves are clean and organized.
This is the kind of guy that will catch all the small sled things when working on sleds. This is the kind of guy that I would have working on my stuff. I'd have to see some of his work first tho.
This guy goes at his own pace, he is careful and meticulous.
You can't find a dealer that has a shop like this.
If just one of those five turbos has a coupled suspension, I will allow some sled cred. But not too much. I need vid. Post it up. Entertainment needed. Site is slowing down.
You should get rid of that pos orange sled though. If it went through 4 engines it's time to throw in the towel. You should be able to sell it as a trailer queen. Bahahahaha gotcha!
Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
How many dollars do you think Polaris saves by not adding the appropriate spacers along with one less action or employee for all these years.
Now with that said, think about how many more belts they sell because belt life has been shortened, significantly.
My source claims Polaris sold over $3,000,000 worth of belts last year.
Polaris generated another income stream through manufacturing a non correctable center to center and leadin adjustment. Sleds are outside their published spec.
It is a manufactured issue that cannot be remedied with out machining. A dealer cannot cure it.

I hear ya Tony. There could be many more reasons why this has been happening I would hate to think it’s a deliberate attempt to sell belts. Too often today, Manufacturing is removing quality checks and buy offs from the build processes. PI might have went to a “self inspect” and removed a separate Quality buy off for the process as well to save money. Angry manufacturing workers, workers that don’t care, workers that never make mistakes????....$16k plus tax nowadays for this???? Most people think the quality of their work is better than the reality.

And for most riders, they can get away with an 1115/1183 lasting long enough in an out of tolerance environment and never know any better. No or low percentage of warranty claims = removing assembly line procedures.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have touched on this before, back in the day this was part of dealer setup. The dealer I worked for anyways and if I remember correctly was on the PDI setup sheet which most dealers do not use or the setup manual for the sled. Or they do not read the Tech updates that come out, and that have MANY tips on correcting things that show up throughout the season. We always had the current tools to check Center to Center and offset. This was also part of our preseason checklist when people brought sleds into the shop for preseason service. Has anyone every checked there Belt Deflection at new? it's most likely wrong how about track tension? How about any of the stuff they install or are suppose to check? Sign a PDI Setup Sheet? Make them show you the setup sheet and LOOK at your sled before purchase CLOSELY. Those days seem to be gone and everyone just lives with it.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I have touched on this before, back in the day this was part of dealer setup. The dealer I worked for anyways and if I remember correctly was on the PDI setup sheet which most dealers do not use or the setup manual for the sled. Or they do not read the Tech updates that come out, and that have MANY tips on correcting things that show up throughout the season. We always had the current tools to check Center to Center and offset. This was also part of our preseason checklist when people brought sleds into the shop for preseason service. Has anyone every checked there Belt Deflection at new? it's most likely wrong how about track tension? How about any of the stuff they install or are suppose to check? Sign a PDI Setup Sheet? Make them show you the setup sheet and LOOK at your sled before purchase CLOSELY. Those days seem to be gone and everyone just lives with it.

You are correct about dealer setup. When we put sleds together in the fall we checked everything even adjusted headlight and ski toe. Changed clutching per PI spec. Even the rental fleet sleds that went through the shop. Customer service as Ford claimed “job one”
Back in the day when you picked up your sled the dealer did a walk through with you.
Now it’s load and go. Very few, if any, dealers do anything besides put it together.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You're right. I don't know who's shop it is, nor do I care but whoever owns this shop is an anal freak. I'm surprised the sleds don't have carpet booties on the skis.
The guy prolly has uhmw on the waxed snowblower bottom so it doesn't scrape the driveway.
The shelves are clean and organized.
This is the kind of guy that will catch all the small sled things when working on sleds. This is the kind of guy that I would have working on my stuff. I'd have to see some of his work first tho.
This guy goes at his own pace, he is careful and meticulous.
You can't find a dealer that has a shop like this.
If just one of those five turbos has a coupled suspension, I will allow some sled cred. But not too much. I need vid. Post it up. Entertainment needed. Site is slowing down.
You should get rid of that pos orange sled though. If it went through 4 engines it's time to throw in the towel. You should be able to sell it as a trailer queen. Bahahahaha gotcha!
Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

^^^^^^bait.
Your fishing to deep. I’m not a bottom feeder.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So maybe i’ll be eating crow on this one..
Goes good with ketchup. lol.

But in all reality, its is very reliving when you realize that is a major detractor in your performance. Nothing is more satisfying then a quick cheap easy fix and getting the sled working WAY better and getting far superior belt life. Makes the crow taste almost enjoyable.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Goes good with ketchup. lol.

But in all reality, its is very reliving when you realize that is a major detractor in your performance. Nothing is more satisfying then a quick cheap easy fix and getting the sled working WAY better and getting far superior belt life. Makes the crow taste almost enjoyable.

Just added the shims/spacers and for now put Polaris belt back on.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Just added the shims/spacers and for now put Polaris belt back on.
Curious if you've had any reports back on this since adjusting belt deflection/alignment?

Im at a new personal record for belt life on an axys with over 600 miles on a belt that still is running great(previous was 2-400 average) Tony's alignment and setup is essential.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Curious if you've had any reports back on this since adjusting belt deflection/alignment?

Im at a new personal record for belt life on an axys with over 600 miles on a belt that still is running great(previous was 2-400 average) Tony's alignment and setup is essential.

Unfortunately no. Work and friends being sick has screwed me for going. Gonna give it a shot next week tho and hope to still find some good snow.

Premium Features