• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conservative vs Liberal

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Man you must live in the hood.

You think? Actually I live in rural SW Colorado. The closest town to me is maybe 1500 people and one stoplight. The beat down is likely coming to a town near you...

In all fairness, our county cops are a decent bunch. The state cops on the western slope are full on Nazi bastards. I think Hitler himself must run the Montrose state cop shop.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
hi RED MTN 2.0
face-icon-small-happy.gif

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I even saw a state cop on a motorcycle writing tickets to Jeepers on a dirt road that only services off road trails, ten miles off the highway on Sunday. The gestapo is back! Is this really what we want from our police force? Are they really hero's anymore? Seems they are getting taken out these days more and more because they have brought it on themselves. You EARN respect, you do not force it on people with fear.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
still hate firefighters too?
eyebrows.gif

Not a big fan... Sure would like to see them actually put the fires out instead of just watching the forests burn like they do. Not the firefighters fault for the most part but the rules that limit their efforts for political reasons.

Just read some of the fire reports, they are unabashed about not actually doing much. My favorite from this past summer was on the 416 fire. We finally had some rain but they posted they were unable to fight the fire that day because they couldn't get trucks up the road... So we foot the bill for quarter million dollar all wheel drive trucks and they just sit if the roads get bad.

IMO, they let many of these fires get way out of control when they could have been stopped if addressed immediately. YES, I have fought fires in the woods, in very difficult terrain with very few resources, I know what it is like.

Mostly I just hate the CSP... Strangely I haven't been ticketed by them for over a decade. They did harass my wife one night with no good cause though. Clowns, and that is a slight on actual clowns, my apologies to the actual clowns out there...

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Of Course its not. And anyone with a brain in their head on either side knows its not ok to harass people. Period.

Indeed but the point is this isn't being covered on mainstream (liberal) news. Had the roles/sides been switched it would have been plastered on all news stations.
This is what Maxine Waters called for and the left is delivering it.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Indeed but the point is this isn't being covered on mainstream (liberal) news. Had the roles/sides been switched it would have been plastered on all news stations.
This is what Maxine Waters called for and the left is delivering it.
Fair Point. I've been very disappointed myself in NPR in their use of some semantics over others. You never hear them say "Pro-Life." Its always "abortion opponents." At least have the respect for our opinions enough to call us what we call ourselves.

I also remember one interview with someone in the Obama years that I became so disgusted with the interviewer's interrupting of a Libertarian leaning interviewee (the person interviewed believed some conspiracy theories, for shame), that I turned off the radio.

I think both on the "left" and the "right," (and any other direction you choose) some things are just said so often & so loud that they are accepted as truth.

If you really want to start a tirade, just mention any doubt about vaccinations and you'll get a deluge. How much you want to bet somebody jumps in here cuz I did?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
We skipped school vaccinations on my kids. They are 21 years old now, never died from any disease... It was a bit of a battle at times but we were successful.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
I think vaccines have their place, but I think mandatory vaccines for diseases that were eradicated 50 years ago is nothing more than pumping our kids full of chemicals & who knows what else, and another opportunity for the government to check up on us.

My kids are covered by medicaid. We get an annual reminder for their "well child check-up" in the mail. I open them, call out the kids name and say "are you well?" That's their well child checkup.

Premium Features