• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled-deck ramp

D

dannym

Nov 30, 2007
I have a sky-hi deck and I need to replace the hard plastic boards on the outsides of the ramp.Anybody have any suggestions where I can get the same material or do you guys have any other ideas to replace plastic boards with. Any ideas or info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
I used some eight in. wide x 3/4 in. composite decking boards I got from Lowes for about $28.00 for 12 ft. They seem to be super tough and work awesome. They are a little heavy, I am thinking I should have ripped them in half.

D

dannym

Nov 30, 2007
Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. Might be able to get my hands on some "puck board". Hope it can make it for one more trip.

T
Nov 26, 2007
plastic replacement

go to your local sign company see if they have any scraps from the plastic they use on the lighted outdoor signs stuff works great and easy to cut to length and width with a skil saw

Nov 27, 2007
went to teh local wrecking yard....found a busted box liner i could have for free....cut strips out of it.....works good so far....but then again im not running carbides...just the steel runners...

B
Dec 21, 2006
Check out Caliber Trailer Products(formerly Powermadd's trailer division). They have a new kit that attaches to each rung and runs about $40. It is like trailerglides but with traction for ATV's and is made specifically for ramps.

Premium Features