• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: OFT Racing 2008-2010 Yamaha Nytro Steering Relocator Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
Don't know how you can ride one of these without the relo kit! Now if they had a two wheel kit for the stock rails!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Don't know how you can ride one of these without the relo kit! Now if they had a two wheel kit for the stock rails!

No problem :)

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

Good talking to you today Ult.

This is something we are making. It is a new product and has not been added to the website yet.

scmurs

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
All I can say is WOW!
What a difference.

Took the sled out for a ride today, and WOW,
This steering post relocater kit is no small improvement!

It took me a good hour on the trail to get used to how different the sled handles now.

There is SO MUCH less fighting with it to turn and go where I want it to.

I have much better leverage when sitting down, and even more when standing up!

I am ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED with this product and can give it an unabashed endorsement!

If you have a Yamaha Nytro, you are doing yourself a DISSERVICE by not having this installed on it!

S

Swelly

Wanted to do it last year, but money got a little tight. Next will be a Timbersled skid. Just in time for my son to take over the machine. Oh well then I will just have to get a SE and may we say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,add some boost. We will see how the fishing season turns out b4 I commit to that. He may have to ride his 2 smoke Ski Doo another year.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
ive had mine on for 1600 km and it already has a bit of slop in the top bushing . im not sure if its beacase i have a CR post ? the stock plastic one stayed tighter for much longer

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
scmurs, can you make those in Yamaha Blue?

Hey pucker, I'll try not to hijack the thread here, but we have tried blue and it did not come out as a true "Yamaha Blue". This is the best pic I have of the ones we made:

DSC03587.jpg

We plan on getting a hold of another anodizer and giving it another shot, but it will not be until the spring time.

ive had mine on for 1600 km and it already has a bit of slop in the top bushing . im not sure if its beacase i have a CR post ? the stock plastic one stayed tighter for much longer

pylon, The CR post should not make a difference. I'm not sure how it's possible for the oilite bearings to wear faster than the plastic OEM bushings. But, if there has been some wear in the oilites, they can be easily replaced. Send me a pm and we'll get you taken care of.

Scott

S

Swelly

OK, I probably should have had a beer before I started the install. It went really smooth after I restarted on step one. Forgot that little detail, and started on step 2. Well after that embarrassing brain failure it went real smooth. Do not know what I was thinking. Can not wait to try it. Unlucky for us, it has been 40+ degrees for the 5 days and what little snow we had is quickly going away.

Ready to quit the job and drive somewhere there is snow.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Wow this kit makes a differents. My dad installed one on a new nytro se and we took it out today along with a short track with out this kit and between the two this kit helps ALOT. Both my dad and I like where the handlebars are while standing up now compared to stock. It also has a very nice fit and finish to it. Sitting down the only thing is they are a little tall, but then again when do you sit down? OFT thanks for the great product and Im positive that when we sell this sled we will more that likely put at least one maybe two more kits on a couple nytros in the up coming seasons.

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Excuse my ignorance but would it not be better to change out the steering post and put on an adjustable riser? It seems to me that with the relocator you would still have the riser sweeping the handlebars in a weird arc because of the drastic difference in angles between the riser and steering post. Any comments on this appreciated.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Excuse my ignorance but would it not be better to change out the steering post and put on an adjustable riser? It seems to me that with the relocator you would still have the riser sweeping the handlebars in a weird arc because of the drastic difference in angles between the riser and steering post. Any comments on this appreciated.

no it isnt better. the pivot riser still has more of the sweeping motion because of angle of where the relocator is mounted (hence the need for the relocator). If you want more of a feel like an apex a pivot riser with a relocator would be the ticket. My dad last year rode a turbo nytro that we borrowed from Ulmers (srxspec) that they had a pivot riser on and my dad stated after our ride yesterday that the pivot riser had more of the "sweeping" motion compared to the relocator.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN

You can put a pivot riser on a Nytro, set it next to one with a relocator on it and achieve the same handlebar position when the handle bars are straight.

As soon as you turn the handle bars, the sled with the pivot riser will have the inside handlebar dip down drastically towards your knee/gas tank. A Nytro with the relocator will turn with a much flatter sweep of the handlebars ( level to the ground ). This is important when sidehilling, powder carving or any other time when you are not standing front and center on the sled. It's one of those things that is hard to describe without "feeling" it.

This picture shows a Nytro with a pivot riser and no relocator:

RTX.jpg

The pivot riser does not change the rotational axis of the steering post ( turning the bars is not in-line with the rotational axis ). The relocator does change the rotational axis by moving it 6 degrees more vertical ( forward ). This may not sound like a lot, but we've had a lot of people say what vector boy said. Once they rode a Nytro with a relocator, it's hard to ride one without.

scmurs

Last edited:

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hey thanks for the pic. That shows it real good why you would need the relocator. Did not realize how flat the steering post really was.

M
Jan 14, 2004
IMO you need both a new T-post steering column and a relocate. I did both and it makes everything natural then, no goofy angles or heavy adaptors etc.

M5

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Just got some more material to start another run on the CNC machines for some more relocators. Remebered this thread and thought I would bring it back up for any new Nytro owners.

Or, just for a couple old ones. People like Swelly, who even if he isn't old, he probably smells like he is.
:doh:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yup.
Its that time of the year when most of us start thinking about what we can do to make the sleds Better for next season.

Anyone that has a Nytro should be ordering one of your kits.
Its a NO BRAINER.!

Install it, and your sled handles better.
Its that simple!

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Yup.
Its that time of the year when most of us start thinking about what we can do to make the sleds Better for next season.

Anyone that has a Nytro should be ordering one of your kits.
Its a NO BRAINER.!

Install it, and your sled handles better.
Its that simple!

Yup, X2!! And not just for Nytros :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features