• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Compared XP with stock Apex, Turboed Apex, and my 04 REV 800

K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho
I enjoyed your review and thought it was rather unbiased until this little tidbit! LOL!

The Apex’s were easier then the XP but you can tell it is a little heavier then the 2 skidoos

Then I realized after that that what we had here was pure fantasy, and wishful thinking. But what really got me is how you continued as though you actually believe in what you are saying:confused::eek:

but as for riding the sled you can’t tell how heavy it really is.

Wow! Where did they put that extra 150 lbs?:D

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
doo boys are lynching one of there own, this is great. gives an honest opinion and the feathers are flying. Khaddon, I'll be the first to tell you that when you get stuck on an apex, there is nothing that compares to how heavy they are. but when you ride them they are a very light feeling(notice how I said feeling, didn't claim they were light) and nimble sled. Ski-doo comes out with a 430 pd sled and god forbid that any other sled out there dare to even try and compare to the xp. Give it up doo boys, you have a great sled there, but it dont' mean the other brands aint' far behind or on even playing level with the xp.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I enjoyed your review and thought it was rather unbiased until this little tidbit! LOL!

Originally Posted by Yamadoo04
The Apex’s were easier then the XP but you can tell it is a little heavier then the 2 skidoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamadoo04
but as for riding the sled you can’t tell how heavy it really is.

Then I realized after that that what we had here was pure fantasy, and wishful thinking. But what really got me is how you continued as though you actually believe in what you are saying:confused::eek:

Wow! Where did they put that extra 150 lbs?:D

If you have ridden an Apex you would know what I mean.
But for those that haven't rode and Apex I'll explain as best as I can.

"When you are riding the sled you can't tell how much the sled weighs." You can pull it over with such ease in the flats and in the trees that you can't tell it weighs 600 plus lbs.
When sidehilling yes it takes just a little more to pull it over then the XP, however like I said before you can keep it there much easier than the XP. Yes the XP was initially easy to get on its side on the hill, but it then really wanted to go back down onto both skis. We did disconnect the stabilizer bar but it didn’t seem to help all that much. In other words the way the Apex is weighted made it quite easy to keep it on its side on the hill. Not as much effort to keep it up as with the XP.

Now I am not talking going up hill on an angle on the slope. This is going straight across the hill, not going up or down.

Yes if you get the Apex stuck it sucks getting that thing unstuck. That is when you can tell it is heavy.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Hey Doo boys

lay off the guy for voiceing his opinion. No 2 people have the same opinion on anything it seems. Everybody on here is going to like a different brand sled for there style of riding. I had a chance to ride a TApex last weekend, and while it was a fun sled to ride, and I really enjoyed the power, I know it's not the sled for me. I find it easier to boondock with the XP, but that's just my opinion. I did help dig the Apex out 3 times, and my back is still hurting from that one. Anybody who says you can't feel the difference in weight when there stuck is on some good medication. Saying the XP is hard to pull over, and sidehill is a matter of opinion again. I thought the same thing for the 1st couple rides, but after you get used to that chasis, it's by far the easiest chasis to hold a sidehill with that I've ridden. It's very well balanced, but it does take some time to get used to. Every sled out there this year is the best sled for somebody.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
onto a better subject, chubbydogs avatar sure is pink wouldn't ya say. is that off of click???

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Having ridden with yamadoo i can tell you that he is a great rider.
I saw his ski-doo pull wes littles turbo out of a stick situation once... (good times!)
His opinion is his opinion and he did have the guts to come make a post about it.

Anyhow I got to ride a stock apex a few weeks ago and was suprised by how well the sled did. Previously i had only ridden turbod apexs and was impressed by what the stock sled could do. With some practice on the chassis i would have no problems taking that sled through trees across side hills into creek bottoms, etc...

the xp rocks though and i love throwing that sled around like a $2 hooker... it does whatever you tell it to do willingly...

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Hey thanks Phatty,

What is your set up with the shocks, cause my brothers XP just seems really hard to lay over. I remeber mine was too until I cut out my sway bar. Made all the difference in the world. We took out the black piece on the XP but it didn't seem to do any better. Do the shocks loosen up with a little time cause they feel way to stiff right now. Granted we only have 70 miles on it still. Just picked it up last week.

V
Dec 30, 2007
Hmm, hes got Yama in his name, and seems to rate the Apex for 1# on everything... even boondocking, rofl.

Unbiased opinions my ***, lol.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Good comparison Yamadoo! The boosted Apex should have no trouble with the 3. I just have to double check the boondocking

The reason I put the TApex # 1 on Boondocking is because not only is is easy to do, it has the power to push through the deep snow. My sled got stuck a couple of times trying to go the same places that the TApex went.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Put a Timbersled suspension front and back under that Apex and be prepared for a real gem in the handling department, nice bonus is almost 50lbs loss. If you prefer the handling of the Rev you should try the Nytro, especially boosted. I rode the XP and found it harder than both of them for carving and boondocking. I would take a Dragon over an XP anyday if I couldn't have the Yami. XP gets the nod for "most over-rated sled" though. Gotta give it to Doo for the loyal customer award though, now matter how bad they screw up they sell lots.

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
So I'm an idiot for telling it how it is huh? Yes the Stock Apex Beat my 04 Stock REV. You might think mine might not be running right but the apex does have a longer track and lets see 3 years of better technology in it. OK I guess I was smoking crack when all 3 other sleds beat me up the hill. 2 to 3 feet of powder and the apex wins man.

As for the track lengths goes. 04 REV has a 151", XP 163", APEX's 162"

So maybe next time you should make sure your 800 is running on both cylinders when you compare in a hill climb and also make sure your reving more then 4000 rpm:beer; And there is no such thing as a 2 dollar hooker after you get crabs it'll be a 62 dollar hooker.....

Last edited:
P

Pilsner

Dec 1, 2007
Nice review Yamadoo, I used to ride Doo, loved how it carved and sidehilled, but I was always worried when the motor was gonna blow. Switched to a M series and haven't looked back. Feeling secure about making it out everytime now.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
So maybe next time you should make sure your 800 is running on both cylinders when you compare in a hill climb and also make sure your reving more then 4000 rpm:beer; And there is no such thing as a 2 dollar hooker after you get crabs it'll be a 62 dollar hooker.....

well the brilliant post they just keep coming dont they:confused:well at lest you are consistent:rolleyes::beer;:beer;

K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho
Nice review Yamadoo, I used to ride Doo, loved how it carved and sidehilled, but I was always worried when the motor was gonna blow. Switched to a M series and haven't looked back. Feeling secure about making it out everytime now.

Why would you need to look back?

On that M series, your going to be last, so looking back = nothing to see except tracks. :D

Premium Features