• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

11 lbs weight loss with alpha skid and new track.
New magnetic tether comes stock - nice and about time
New handle bar controls and throttle look great
New brake looks much better
New skis sound promising

A bunch of little things that a lot of people complain about.

Still the same boards but some don’t mind the stock and cat probably just makes to much off the accessory boards to change.

Hope the alpha goes on a demo tour. It’s tempting but need to hear more. Yes you can always change to a traditional skid if you don’t like but will require a track and driver change also - gets spendy!!

R
Mar 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
I guess if you don’t like the alpha you swap the monorail for the m8000 drivers, skid, and track! Aftermarket companies will probably coming out with a turn key skid if this sled doesn’t work as advertised!

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
11 lbs weight loss with alpha skid and new track.
New magnetic tether comes stock - nice and about time
New handle bar controls and throttle look great
New brake looks much better
New skis sound promising

A bunch of little things that a lot of people complain about.

Still the same boards but some don’t mind the stock and cat probably just makes to much off the accessory boards to change.

Hope the alpha goes on a demo tour. It’s tempting but need to hear more. Yes you can always change to a traditional skid if you don’t like but will require a track and driver change also - gets spendy!!
I'd assume KMOD will produce a skid that is a direct replacement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Climatized to gen 4 handling the 17 cat was my least favorite. This might change that a bunch and not have the downsides of t motion. Should have rode kids 18 while he was trying my turbo. Any problems, to speak of, with 18 cats? Would like to try one but would have to demo first. Guaranteed, the track will make a big difference. Did wonders for doo. The xm was a trenches. Gen 4 isn't and pc in 3.5 will be best track out there.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The new PC is different than what we are used to.
Because all the weight is supported in the center of the track, there are now 'fingers' across the paddle instead of just the outside. It doesn't fold back like the current PC.
29a3e92024a28692458f27c3b63f725a.jpg

Alpha ......

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I really like innovation but st the same time. Risk of being a nay sayer.
How will it how and edge on the track tilts to the angle of the hill so similar? Don’t you need that bite to hold the side hill?
:face-icon-small-con

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Snowest article says the skid and track is 11lbs lighter, 6.5 from track and 4.5 from skid. Don't know if there is any weight savings in other places.

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
Seems like cat is making small mods to the current chassis every year. Not jumping into the market with an all brand new setup. It's kind of a letdown but the same time is why I bought a mountain cat. The chassis is solid. Engine turning out to be solid too. So now with a solid engine in a solid chassis they Introduced the new designed skid with little upgrades through out ( the switches)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Any idea how the Hardcore is listed at 438 lbs without the Alpha or new track?

Also wondering... lots of questions about the Hardcore. Pages says float shocks in the rear but pictures show coil over. Seeing in places that it has a float action skid, other places say slide action. Is there a difference?

Anyone hear MSRP on the Alpha Cat?

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009

I like the idea of electrically deployed and stowed scratchers and heated seat.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
15b40952b2574737c79f9c8c0814b4c5.jpg

Oh my goodness. There are some real Lil
Girls in here guys. Watch out!!

Now I could spend a night and red thumb every post either of you has ever posted. But that would just stoop to your low level of ignorance and retardation.

BUTT!!??

Do you cat guys sniff and lick each other’s azz holes just Incase one of the cats got out and didn’t tell you!!??

Premium Features