• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stackable LinQ fuel caddy with shovel mount

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
It's not very often an accessory grabs my interest like this, but seeing the pics of a Jerry can with a shovel attached in the 2018 Doo catalog has me curious....

Hopefully someone like Norona had actually tried this setup and can chime in. And before someone goes off on a tangent, yes I do carry a shovel in my pack as well.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Appears to be this year's new shovel. Probably BRP planned on releasing that mount this year but maybe due to a supplier issue it didn't make the catalog. A linq mounted shovel would be one of their number one sellers it shouldn't have taken this long LOL

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Well, this might be off topic, but why doesn't BRP make any of their "semi-rigid" tunnel bags with shovel mounts? The only option is the circa 1998 "slim tunnel bag" which I'll probably end up buying just to carry a backup blade and handle on the tunnel. Engineering in a vacuum.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
It's not very often an accessory grabs my interest like this, but seeing the pics of a Jerry can with a shovel attached in the 2018 Doo catalog has me curious....

Hopefully someone like Norona had actually tried this setup and can chime in. And before someone goes off on a tangent, yes I do carry a shovel in my pack as well.

We had this accessory during the photo shoot, hence it is on the catalogue photo, however it was cancelled in production, not there yet and it is also hard to mount a shovel on a semi rigid bag due to the fact that in deformation, the shovel might come off. Until it works perfectly it one won't be released. Cheers dave

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
it is also hard to mount a shovel on a semi rigid bag due to the fact that in deformation, the shovel might come off. Until it works perfectly it one won't be released. Cheers dave

It can be done. I've used this semi-rigid bad for two years and haven't lost a handle or a blade. Just wish Doo would have a similar option with the LinQ system:

picture.php

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
It can be done. I've used this semi-rigid bad for two years and haven't lost a handle or a blade. Just wish Doo would have a similar option with the LinQ system:

picture.php

Touche! :) That bag is very nice, the BCA bag is also well done, guess I should have said that the soft tunnel bags Ski-Doo does now would be a challenge to do, but I have pushed for a similar bag to what you have posted. We will see!

F
There isn't a single Linq mounted accessory that I would even consider putting on my 850, they are just too big a bulky and look ridiculous. Ski Doo is supposed to be the innovated force in the sled industry and Polaris came along with the Burandt bag stole the show.

I want to put one on my Ski Doo but I am having a hard time putting a Polaris branded accessory on a Ski Doo but if they don't come up with something better I may have to take the plunge.

Come on Ski Doo please figure something else out that looks DECENT with a shovel mount!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
If someone else has better bags use them. That way doo won't sell any. Then they'll have re-evaluate their product, hopefully come up with something better.

Premium Features