• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck Tires?

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
It's time to change my F-150's tires. I'm looking for some advice or any helpful experiences with a good replacement to better handle off-road, winter conditions, hauling the snow bikes, yet be quiet enough for summer highway driving. Don't want to spare any expense as my annual driving only amounts to 10,000 KMs (6K miles) and I'm likely to replace them based on age rather than mileage one day. Need good snow traction especially given potential to get stuck while parking in our discrete, secret area 61. Any suggestions based on actual experience would be much appreciated.

2012 F-150 crew with 18 inch rims, Southern Ontario, Quebec, Northern States environment.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I run winter tires year round. Blizzaks or toyo observes. They don't last as long but nothing is better in snow. I tow my sled trailer with a rwd and a set of toyo observes on the back. I usually rotate them to the front and put a new pair on the back each fall. Way better than stud's.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
cooper discoverer AT3, have them on winter and summer rims. good wet traction, quiet, good fuel mileage, good tread life mileage, usually have rebates available every few months. Ski

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
BFG AT KO2. sever winter rated. 3 ply sidewalls. (who else has that?). so you can air these down significantly for tons more traction if needed without the worry of slicing a sidewall. if your one of those who will pull teeth out before airing down your tires then Goodyear duratracs will do just fine.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Not sure how this is a snowbike topic, but whatever....
Define quiet enough in the summer. Totally subjective.
If you want the best winter traction, either dedicated snow/ice tires, possibly studded.
Very close second is a mud tire, siped. Pick your flavor.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Not sure how this is a snowbike topic, but whatever....
Define quiet enough in the summer. Totally subjective.
If you want the best winter traction, either dedicated snow/ice tires, possibly studded.
Very close second is a mud tire, siped. Pick your flavor.

On a day you haul your snow bike to the trail head, you'll likely put in 10 x the snow bike ride distance on your truck tires. It kinda relates to snow biking?:face-icon-small-hap

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Spare no expense - buy a good winter tire and stud it. Also buy some good bar type tire chains to use if needed. It will take some serious conditons before you get stuck.

Then, buy a good all season tire which has good ratings in the qualities you want.

Www.tirerack.com

Is one resource.

Premium Features