• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

msh hood=cool, snow on my clutches=not cool..........help

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
spring snow hero, I have a mesh hood for my 900 RMK and also had a problem with power getting in at the left/rear. I made a block-off from fairly light guage aluminum. I riveted it to the aluminum tube that formed the rear edge of the hood and cut it to fit the outline of the console. I then ran some rubber edging on the exposed edge of the aluminum. Here's a few pics. So far, no issues with powder on the clutches when running the mesh hood.

th_DSC00748.jpg

th_DSC01064.jpg

th_DSC01068.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
spring snow hero, I have a mesh hood for my 900 RMK and also had a problem with power getting in at the left/rear. I made a block-off from fairly light guage aluminum. I riveted it to the aluminum tube that formed the rear edge of the hood and cut it to fit the outline of the console. I then ran some rubber edging on the exposed edge of the aluminum. Here's a few pics. So far, no issues with powder on the clutches when running the mesh hood.

th_DSC00748.jpg

th_DSC01064.jpg

th_DSC01068.jpg

good work...!!!..hey i will say it...diamond s ,,,they have a great hood with grade one kid finishing/fit issues..don;t know how they sleep at nights not addressing this simple problem..!!!!

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
I got some of those yellow peanut shaped foam pad's for washing the car from Canadian tire..... I close the hood and latch and the foam stays in there just fine and fill's in the gap quite nice..... Quick and easy fix for my Diamond S Mesh for a RMK900

Premium Features