• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws Pipe, Powder Freak Head, or Silber Re-Flash... best bang for the buck?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Jaws pipe is the only one that I know that has been tested side by side with a stocker and shown gains in the field.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I went the Jaws pipe combo because of the dynotech numbers, the pipe is clad with an aluminum heat shield similar to the stock pipe minus the insulation; won't know for sure until I have the pipe next week?
At about $1000 cdn. it's about $100/Hp or $100 per lb.for weight saved. If it makes more Hp at elevation bonus.
The Powder Freak Head will make some Hp but not tested by an independent third party?
The combination of the Jaws pipe combo and the Powder Freak Head will will not play well together because both increase Hp by increasing compression?
The Silver reflash I am unfamiliar with, no comment.
For my money a 10 Hp bolt on without any programmers or high octane fuel is the way to go. I tend to follow the KISS principle. Jmo.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
673 before taxes and ride for Jaws Kit.

487 before taxes and ride for Powder Freaks Head.

350 Re Flash only, or 600 with cable to do at home.

Ace

Last edited:

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Silber flash can probably get @ timing map instead of a timing key?
So I wonder what a timing key would cost? A little bump in timing might make a noticeable difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zx

Dec 12, 2009
Im running npp full pipe with powder freaks head and it rips compare to stock. The powder freaks head was tested on 2 different dynos averaged 9hp peak and 15hp in the mid range. Huge gains over stock compared to just a pipe. Also need to clutch accordingly

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I talked with Duayne today, owner of Power Freaks. Nice guy, VERY knowledgeable. He has 2 independent dynos showing 15 hp in the mid range. When PV open, look out!

Had quite a few on the snow last year, with 0 issues.

Ace

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Timing key on stock motor is about 2 hp,
Really the best bang for the buck is an SPI ypipe,& bumped timing 6hp for $220-250

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
Low elevation pipes....Bikeman pipe and jaws are about the same hp....tested..both with their ypipes combos. They are 9-11 hp more than stock on their best runs--- not really long heat soaked pulls
The SLP isnt too far behind when used with their can also. ( Their can is worth 1-2 hp with their pipe&y)
New Dynoport pipe & ypipe not quite as good power

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for taking the time and money to do the pipe shootout. The results are posted on dynotech research if you are a member, please check the info for yourself. I read the results at least 5 times and the results don't add up, but that's just me.
The Jaws test and the last session were done with almost 93 Octane fuel with ethanol. I plan on using 91 Octane no ethanol fuel in my sled and do not plan on adding any timing; as fuel that becomes stale from sitting in your sled or the gas station will likely cause detonation on a long pull resulting in the sled pulling timing and less Hp being available? IMO
In Canada the Petrocan Ultra 94 was used for the Jaws test. Try to find a service station that provides Ultra 94 and ask to see how often they get delivery of new fuel, if that is your choice?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I’m pretty sure the jaws pipe was tested at arctic edge motorsports at 5000 ft
It made what it claims.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Yes the pipe was tested at Arctic Edge Motorsports and produced 14 Hp (5000) over the stock pipe according to my source. I googled the elevation and it is 4177', regardless even if it was about 4200' that is a very significant gain. I have not seen any details of the test such as timing added, fuel used, stock pipe Hp etc. I believe that the pipe will produce Hp at elevation as claimed but the end result will be clutch the sled to pull the correct RPM and enjoy the ride.

Premium Features