• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclaw bob's report from Cooke city

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Morning to everyone. I've made it back from Vacation and ready to start posting for another year.

I'll be going out Tuesday to ride and give you a first hand update on the conditions.

The town has been busy for the last several days. But we had a bad accident yesterday, resulting in having life flight come in.

The SUPER 8 MOTEL will have its great room specials again this year, so keep checking my posts.

The bakery was open today, Terri had a great turn out for the first day back.

For me, you will have a place to store or work on your sleds in a heated garage or I'll even work on sleds this year. We will have race fuel, lots of parts for sleds, along with Beacon rental and the best price you can find on helmets. So come in and check out the store or have breakfast.

FIRST UPDATE WILL BE TUESDAY 11/29/2011

T

tonypierce

Nov 17, 2009
Glad your back

Bob,

glad to you back up and running in Cooke City....Myself and 2 others will be out the first of January for a few days. Look forward to stopping in and saying hi...praying for snow

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
a snowmobiler broke his leg is all the info i got. A couple of people cause a couple of avys but made it out safe. But the snow was great.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
What happened in Cooke yesterday?

I heard he broke his leg and something of the short that his sled rolled on top of him with the throttle wide open....i think thats what tore his leg up...don't quote me though...we out on Sat and till about 1 on sunday. Snow was great. Watch the rocks....i would wait for another storm now if you gotta travel alot...its really tracked up and the snow starting to settle and set up. Found some chest high pow :)....Trail is as rough worst part of the whole day but great first ride!

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
avy by lulu

Was about 20 yards away from the Avy on LULU....didnt even notice it to my left as I was climbing. All our crew was out of the way, I believe I caught it in action on my helmet cam, definetly have video of it after it slid, will post some links to it once I pull it from my cam to youtube....

Agreed, trail was terrible by saturday, althought dropping down daisy and head off to the left, areas of chest deep pow....WATCH FOR ROCKS, all in all was good early season riding!

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Why do people still climb the chutes by Lulu? These areas are well known to slide all the time.

Why do people climb Crown Butte? It is not if Crown Butte slides, it is when. Unfortunately there is a huge percentage of snowmobilers that are either not educated enough, or just plain stupid. I really hope this year isn't as bad as I think it is going to be. I am hoping and praying we don't get a really cold snap followed by snow, the conditions could be disastrous. Lots of play areas in Cooke, but people still feel the need to pound the most avalanche prone slopes.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wednesday 30th of Nov.

Woke up to snow and its been snowing on and off since 5 am.. We have had about 3-4 inches in town so far.
The snowman is calling for a winter storm warning, starting at 3 pm today and lasting until 9 am tomorrow.:devil:

No one has be in town riding since Sunday, so the powder should be excellent by this weekend.:faint:

When your headed out, have a safe drive and I'll see everyone soon.

Bearclaw
406-838-2040

Super 8 Motel
1-877-338-2070

L

lingnine

Nov 27, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I just heard from my salesman at the ski doo dealship that a couple buddies of his went to Cooke last weekend. Monday morning they both came into the dealer for repairs from hitting rocks... Doesn't sound like a good deal

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
need snow

rode cooke yesterday 3 outta 5 of us made it out alive$$$..still alot of rocks ... and noticed.. alot of slides...:face-icon-small-dis

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Don't be stupid

Afternoon to everyone, Well the storm that was coming, didn't come. The snowman let me down. But he is calling for more this weekend.:face-icon-small-fro

We received a trace in town. For the riding, if you are going to be stupid, yes you can hit things like Rocks and Stumps. But if you take your time and just have some fun, you won't have much problem.

Remeber its still early to ride hard. Its not like last year when we could ride most places by now. I went out this morning and found some areas that was ok, NOT GREAT. So hang in there, the snow is coming.

If you are looking at renting a sled stop in and check out our prices. You will like them. Don't forget we rent beacons, probes, shovels, packs. Yes we even rent Avalance bags. :face-icon-small-hap

We are looking at adding something new at the bakery, keep watching the site and you'll find out what its going to be. We will be starting it Dec 28th 2011. :face-icon-small-hap

If your looking for Supe price, call the Super 8 motel and find out what the snow special will be this year. 1-877-338-2070

From the whole crew , we want to thank you for your patronage.

Bearclaw
406-838-2040

Premium Features