• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you ride with your teather?

Tether?

• Ride with Tether cord

Votes: 111 39.6%
  • Ride with it sometimes

Votes: 74 26.4%
  • What's a tether cord?

Votes: 95 33.9%

• Total voters

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I had my throttle block twist as I fell off last year and my sled powered into a big tree.
I wear mine most of the time now.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
i didnt till i was at the horns and i was carven close to the edge of a hill i fell off and the sled kept going i finaly ran it down but after that always ride with it.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
PITA....great idea for everyone but me. The "teth-air" sounds like a great idea to me.

Last edited:
Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
stuck throttle due to skidoo defect on brand new 09 xp with 137 miles on it two years ago, 7900 parts bill that doo did not contribute too even though it was a burh on one of the slides, thanks brp, anyway, ya i always wear my teather now, has goten me into troubkle a few times though

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My gas cap wears my teather. I have lost my gas cap more than once from forgetting to put it back on so I just put a key chain ring on the cap and attach my teather to it so if I forget to put it back on at least I won't lose it.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I never used it when I was a Doo guy but now I ride a 4 stroke and have a rollover kit in it. The disadvantage with a 4 stroke (Nytro...not sure about others) is if it tips on it's side or upside down, the oil leaks out. With the rollover kit if the sled tips on its side you can pull the tether and stops the oil from pouring out. It is a PITA but it works.

A tether is also "required" for any sanctioned event.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Do you ride with your teather? Reply to Thread

15 years of riding, never used tether. Last weekend while pulling a sidehill above the road WOT droppped back onto the road throttle stuck wide open, scared the chit out of me, :fear: not much time to react. Happened two times just after that, it's in the back of my mind now :boink: everytime I squeeze the throttle that it could happen again. Wearing a tether now, definitely will take some getting use too, but so would not having a sled to ride. Looking at the Tethair as well.

S

sledmaniak

Mar 17, 2009
teather

I know better than not to. But it seems that if you dont get the thing on just right or get a little snow in it = BEEP BEEP BEEP.

ski-doo-it

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
woodinville
Baker walk of shame

Was doing deep powder carving and caught an edge and was thrown from the sled :eek: at Mt. Baker above Peanut Knob. The sled decided to go for a trip down the hill without me.Was real fortunate that i was not close to any drop-offs.Sled proceeded to travel down the hill about 3/4 of a mile before it stopped still running.The snow was deep and walking was slow and tough.Thank goodness after a few minutes a good samaritan gave me a ride. Found the sled overheating from sitting in one place to long. Had never worn mine before but wearing mine from now on. Even if the sled slides away it shuts off.

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
am i missing something? Even with the motor shut off your sled will still ghost ride all the way to the bottom.

T
Feb 2, 2009
Truckee, CA
My Tekvest has a ring to clip it to that is centered and lower so it isn't a problem to wear. Last ride I lost the sled and it hit a tree at about 5mph, no damage and I credit the slower speed to the tether killing the motor. Yes it still will roll down the hill, but it will slow it down. Also had a friend have his throttle stick wide open on an earlier REV ending up with a tree between the skis. I wear the tether all the time...

Premium Features