• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015-16 front end Geometry options (Zbroz Racing)

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Just wanted to drop a thread and let guys know we have our 36" 2016 spindle geometry kits just about in stock. They are at powder coat now. Also we are building a 38" or 2013-2015 upper A arm that will allow you to keep your lower and run the new spindle. We plan to have spindles in stock and upper ball joints as well very soon. Or you can get them from any cat dealer.

Personally I am sticking with a 38" width and the new spindle, the width is great for my riding style and height 6.0" I have rode the 36" and its awesome but gives up some travel for jumping and drops. If feel like the improvements the new spindle makes really open up the possibilities of the 38" width so before you drop lots of extra $$$ on a 36" kit consider staying 38" and getting a new upper a arm from us and just the spindles.

Also make sure you understand you need to shorten or buy different shocks when going to the 36" kit that is one more added cost.

Our 38" upper a arms will be tacked and welded in the next 1-2 weeks and on the shelf to begin shipping but here is the link to the 36" kit for you to check out.

http://zbrozracing.com/chromoly-36-a...per-snowmobile[/URL]

Cat 36%22.jpg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Sick, stoked to see you guys take into consideration the reduced travel of 36" front end for those of who like the travel for when things get western , 38" and a 2016 style spindle that doesn't act like and anchor is what I was hoping for last year!

Doing pre orders ?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Will the 36" A arms work with the 2015 Viper MTX stock shocks or do you have to get new shocks?

Yes it will work. That's the idea. you are basically using everything you have now except your top arm and spindle. I'd imagine the caster/angle of the spindle is what makes the 16 so easy to handle. but like someone said before, the 16 doesn't have as much suspension travel as the 15, because of the shorter shock they use in the new sled.

I'm strongly considering this.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Installing the spacer is similar to a shock rebuild. It should be done by someone with some shock experience as you need to reset piston height and charge it with nitrogen, which will require some special tools.

I prefer to cut the shock shaft and shock body to spec so there are no additional pieces inside that could cause problems.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Installing the spacer is similar to a shock rebuild. It should be done by someone with some shock experience as you need to reset piston height and charge it with nitrogen, which will require some special tools.

I prefer to cut the shock shaft and shock body to spec so there are no additional pieces inside that could cause problems.

Do you know of a place I could send my to?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We can do it here. Andy at GSR, which is about 10 minutes from you, can do it as well.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
38" 2016 uppers

They are going to Powder-coat later today and I haven't gotten any images roundel up of them on sleds but here is some 36" uppers in a package and they look pretty much identical to these.

photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Just curious if you have a price on your upper A-arm with the new spindal?

Does our existing steering arms work or do we need new ones to fit the new spindal?

Anything else needed?

Thanks again

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Just curious if you have a price on your upper A-arm with the new spindal?

Does our existing steering arms work or do we need new ones to fit the new spindal?

Anything else needed?

Thanks again

Yes existing Steering tie rods will work

Upper A arms are $180 a set (Powder coated black)
You will need stock 2016 upper ball joints which I do not have yet in stock

2016 spindles vary in $ but here is the part #s I am also trying to get stock on these but having some trouble. 3703-434 and 3703-435

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Is the upper a-arm available in billet aluminum in the 38" with the new spindle?

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
38" uppers with ball joints and 2016 spindle Kit

OK boys we have upper A arms in stock (Black powder) and we now have upper ball joints also to go with them. I am stocking some black and white spindles, planning to just have black but I ordered by mistake 5 sets of white.

Total kit price

$518.00

Upper A arms
Upper ball joints with hardware
Set of 2016 spindles

Forum members can get a 10% discount just need to give us your forum name and help us spread the word on the kit.

photo.jpg

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
How much difference does the 36" kit make vs the 38" in terms of sidehilling and pulling the sled on its side? Trying to see if just the new spindle is enough of a difference or if I should go with the 36" kit.

Thanks

Premium Features