• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Found solution to no reverse and dying after a few minutes

D

desertdirt

Feb 16, 2011
lehi, ut
Just thought I would share what I found on my 08 dragon 700. The first thing that happened to it was the typical voltage regulator failure. But after that it would start right up and run a little sluggish at the shop. No reverse, it would just die when you hit reverse. Then when I would get it to the trailhead to test it, it would run fine for a few minutes and it would bog bad and eventually wouldn’t even run if you hit the throttle. Then it would just start and die. Bring it home it would fire right up. I changed reeds, boots, swapped Ecu, coils, capacitor, and voltage regulator with a good sled and same story. I then checked the timing. It was at like 12 degrees, book calls for 18 and it’s not adjustable without a offset key so I tore it down to see if my keyway was bad. When I tore it down, I found the 5 trigger crank sensor wires were both ripped apart by the flywheel. I fixed them up and now all is well. My guess is that when that 5 point sensor goes bad it runs on the two point and that has less timing when it’s on that sensor. I never had a check engine light. So i guess the best test is to check timing. If it retarded then your probably running on the 2 point crank sensor. Hope this helps someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features