• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!!! Lights and gauge sometimes not working

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
My 05 m7 is having a gauge and headlight problem that has happened 4 times now
While going down the trail it would suddenly cut out and not run right. When that happens the gauge and headlights stop working.
I wiggled the harness a bit and nothing would happen so I went down the ditch a little more slowly and it came out of it.
Buddle of mine said it's probably the voltage regulator, is there a test for that?
Any help would be much apreciated since I'm leaving on Monday for cooke city.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Check for electrical shorts, these sleds are notorious for little shorts causing all kinds of wierd stuff. I had the same thing you describe happen on my m7 and it was the harness going to the bars got pinched in the steering stop on the post. Fixed that and was good again. Other common areas for shorts on the m7 are at the rear tail light and I believe where the tail light wires exit the tunnel above the brakes

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
^Yup.

A buddy's 08 had the same issue. His was the tail light wire.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
hope its just a wire, I have an 06 m7, at 1500 miles the stator quit working, stock exhaust and venting, I have since opened up the exhaust side with vents. If you cannot find a bad wire I would get a stator to bring with you, its not too bad of a job to fix as long as you do not have to do it on a trailer.

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
I looked for signs of shorting but couldn't find anything, and did a bunch of harness wiggling and couldn't make it happen

Premium Features