• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
Im getting a motor, pipe, a arms and a few other small items shipped up from the states (I live in Alberta) and they told me it is going to be 800$ to ship it plus brokerage fees and whatever else. Does anyone know a better way to ship it than ups. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I shipped a set of C&A XTXs from Wisconsin to Sweden for $100 via USPS. I would have your shipper look into them.

tb800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Alberta
You can ship it to Montana Shipping Outlet (sweet grass). Register on website and they will email you when package arrives. They charge a reasonable handling fee. Take passport and drive 4-4.5 hrs pick-up. MSO is 3 min from border. Stop at duty free and by cheap beer. Declare everything at border and pay 5% gst. Did this from Airdrie about 5 times in last few years. Saved a ton in shipping fees on large items.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
You can ship it to Montana Shipping Outlet (sweet grass). Register on website and they will email you when package arrives. They charge a reasonable handling fee. Take passport and drive 4-4.5 hrs pick-up. MSO is 3 min from border. Stop at duty free and by cheap beer. Declare everything at border and pay 5% gst. Did this from Airdrie about 5 times in last few years. Saved a ton in shipping fees on large items.

Have done the same thing when selling to persons in Canada, they talk to a dealer or some business that they use there address and come pick it up.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Have you tried Purolator?

The passport thing is a a good idea and should be a 10 year investment.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
You only have to pay the GST if you declare it at the border. I have a buddy bring stuff up from Montana once a month, so that makes it easier for me. UPS is a complete rip off when it comes to brokerage. I like that Montana shipping outlet idea, might have to try that if my stuff isn't ready for shipping before the next trip.

Last edited:
Premium Features