• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are there any Husky 501fe builds here?

R

RaceDeck

Apr 14, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
In the process of getting ready to swap over my 2017 Husky 501fe for winter. Wondering what others have done and how well it worked.
I Have a new TS 137 Aro and have done some of the engine mods already ( PR2 ECU, Pipe, Exhaust Manifold, Smog delete, Intake, reed delete, fuel rail ), pegs, 1/5" riser, hand guards, heat shield.
I am planning on putting the stiffest springs, Thermo Bob and new gear sprocket ( not sure what size?), TS airbox. )
thanks

Last edited:
P
Nov 30, 2013
I ran one last year with a 15' ST kit. Curious about the ECU craze but dont know what your referring to on Intake reeds ?

H
Oct 2, 2017
Im very interested in hearing what other feel like are a necessity for the 501. Im just setting 2015 for the first time up rn as well. Its sounds like you have most accessories you want. I want to know more about what you have to do to fit a .62 spring in the 4cs forks. Has anyone tried this without revalving them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
If you bought the aero, I would buy the trio shock and not revalve the shocks. It will be much easier to go back to dirt and about the same cost. I have the same bike in a 16 with a 16 st kit. I put the 450 ECM in mine to get more rpm's. I can't ride mine on cold days without heated grips, and I feel mine runs better with an engine blanket when it's deep or cold.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I will also be setting up a 2015 FE501 (non S). Plan is to run a Camso DTS with a Thermo Bob and AirPro on the fork. I will make radiator close off panel and also modify the intake. Hoping that is enough to make this a joy to ride without spending an extra Grand just to see if I like it...

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Which pod intake did you use? And im trying to decide if i should do the airpro for my 2015 fe501 or drop .62 springs in. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Would go with the stiffer springs. I had AirPro only and I blew my fork seals twice (running 20 PSI). I went to stiffer springs and no more trouble. I still run a little air (5 PSI or less). Works good now.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
The ARO install kit will come with a snow prefilter cover, for the stock air box. No pod needed. Depending on the type and depth of snow you ride in your stock air box might accumulate snow to the point it restricts airflow. Keep an eye on this. If you do have excessive snow build up you might need to consider opening up the bottom of the air box or a pod style intake. That was the concept of the ARO design, very few changes from dirt to snow. :face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
Premium Features