• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 power claw mod

F
Apr 5, 2009
has anyone cut the 2.6 power claw tracks like the new 3" tracks? cutting the little fingers off. did it help? good for all conditions? any info thanks

have a 13 m8 162

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There are people that have done it. They say it improves deep snow performance.

Los frijoles estan muy caliente dijo la mama osa!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Really doesn't give up anything and works better in the powder. Never had a problem with the braking like some do. In theory it should work better for braking cause you are grabbing larger bites of snow.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
did you just use a sawzal blade to cut them off

One guy with sharp knife, and another with a vice grip. Put the vice grip on the lug and bend it the opposite way you are cutting with the knife. Just don't cut too close. Better to leave a little nub than cut into the cords. Once you get good, it's a 20 minute job. Just keep rotating the track and work on the lugs that bend around the rear idlers.

elkhunt

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2009
Prosser, Wa
Looks just like the Attack 20 track that is sitting on my shelf.

Anyone want to try it?:face-icon-small-ton

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Hot knife works the best I've found, but a good carpet knife and a propane torch work as well. Heat the blade and warm the track rubber. Just like butter.

elkhunt

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2009
Prosser, Wa
Attack 20 did not have stiff lugs with fingers on their outside edge.

As I said, Looks just like the Attack 20 track that is sitting on my shelf.

Look at the pictures they are cutting off the fingers from the Power claw and by the way the Attack 20 is very stiff.

attack.jpg power.jpg

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I would think u would lose side hill performance, hard to imagine any over all gains?? IMO.

Your right. That's why they left the lugs off the 3 inch. Because performance is less. I have ran this mod on the 2.25 and the 2.6 track. It works. Till you try it, you won't know.

Premium Features