SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

SnoWest Snowmobile Forum (https://www.snowest.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ski-Doo: XM Sleds (https://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=355)
-   -   Rasmussen boards question (https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448686)

Ron Burgandy 03-11-2019 09:12 PM

Rasmussen boards question
 
Can anyone tell me what size tubing skinz uses for their rasmussen running boards? specifically the inside tube that runs along the tunnel. I bought a sled with different boards already attached and it appears he left me about a 1/2Ē lip to work with. thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212 03-11-2019 09:55 PM

Newer boards use flat plat against the tunnel. That way there isnít a tube for snow to build up on. The way I would go if I was building my own.

How are you bending the tubing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry 03-11-2019 10:04 PM

I'm thinking that is enough. You are going to rivet them anyway. If you are worried about it use some lords adhesive to boot.

Ron Burgandy 03-11-2019 10:05 PM

iíd like to purchase the rasmussen boards but am looking for verification they will fit my sled that has already had the boards cut off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212 03-11-2019 10:07 PM

If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and itíll be fine. You donít have to have the board sitting on the lip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyman212 03-11-2019 10:31 PM

If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and itíll be fine. You donít have to have the board sitting on the lip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Burgandy 03-12-2019 08:02 AM

iím not sure how i would feel about just rivets holding it up from the inside of the tunnel. I can see how it would work if it was a plate against the tunnel as oppose to a tube, but that lip to me takes most of the weight off the interior rivets and utilized the tunnel more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

turboless terry 03-12-2019 11:49 AM

I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.

Ron Burgandy 03-12-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboless terry (Post 4209159)
I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.



thanks, i think iíll pull the trigger. Tried skinz... busy time of the year and canít get an answer :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron Burgandy 03-15-2019 05:22 PM

well they came in. looks like they will fit great. thanks guys https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e94cc3e33a.jpg

quite a bit narrower as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212 03-15-2019 05:49 PM

Do the instruction get you to pull the plastic in any? Or just new cover plates for the vents? Can you post a pick of the rear of the boards from the same angle?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Burgandy 03-15-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyman212 (Post 4210092)
Do the instruction get you to pull the plastic in any? Or just new cover plates for the vents? Can you post a pick of the rear of the boards from the same angle?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



ya the kit came with some smaller triangle plastic pieces that you are suppose to swap out in the stock side panels. iím assuming this narrows them up? my sled is an XP but i put the helium plastics on it already. i can get a pic of the rear of the boards but they donít really rest on top of the old ones very well so wonít be very accurate.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5bfe0536ff.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212 03-15-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy (Post 4210094)
ya the kit came with some smaller triangle plastic pieces that you are suppose to swap out in the stock side panels. iím assuming this narrows them up? my sled is an XP but i put the helium plastics on it already. i can get a pic of the rear of the boards but they donít really rest on top of the old ones very well so wonít be very accurate.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5bfe0536ff.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Thanks That would be great. Would you be willing to measure the total width of the belly pan just in front of the running boards? Iím interested in seeing how much narrower the side panels are compared to the stock xm. Most likely will buy my brothers T3 this fall and thinking Iím going to miss the narrow boards I have on my cat. That will help me decide if I get the panels with the boards or just go with the narrower boards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Burgandy 03-15-2019 06:07 PM

not sure if you can tell whatís goin on or not
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...860a73a2f3.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron Burgandy 03-15-2019 06:57 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e7656b9c89.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212 03-15-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy (Post 4210121)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e7656b9c89.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Awesome thanks. Good to see the boards that much narrower at the back too. Yep instructions make sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.


All contents copyright 2007-2017, SnoWest Magazine, Harris Publishing Inc.