• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fixes and updates for 17' Mototrax

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Buying a 17' Mototrax 129", even though I've read all the bad press, got it too cheap to pass up.

1.)What are the 18' upgrades that will work on it? as of now it has no updates.

2.)What are the biggest flaws in the 17'?

3.) Should I lock out the skid pivot out? I know i would if it were a ski doo.

4.) What should my to fix list be?

It will be rode by my girlfriend 90% of the time so it will have sort of an easy life but will get a lot of miles.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Buying a 17' Mototrax 129", even though I've read all the bad press, got it too cheap to pass up.

1.)What are the 18' upgrades that will work on it? as of now it has no updates.

2.)What are the biggest flaws in the 17'?

3.) Should I lock out the skid pivot out? I know i would if it were a ski doo.

4.) What should my to fix list be?

It will be rode by my girlfriend 90% of the time so it will have sort of an easy life but will get a lot of miles.

All the updates will work.
Most important is the new pivot shaft with machined aluminum spacers full width.
Then track tensioners.
Then the billet ski perch and harder rubber.
Then the brake pin fix.
Tunnel extension rivets.

The yoke probably won't be needed for your girlfriend.

You should only have to pay for the perch rubber and tensioners.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
What steelmetalfab said. + delrin bushing thing instead of the aluminum one.

I have all the updates for mine in a box here, think the pivot shaft/articulating thing is the only tricky one to install. I havn't done it yet. Danny at mototrax said they use a little hand press to remove the old one.

You can come look at mine and we can figure out how to install the updates once you have yours.

Edit: what is the brake pin fix? I Though they recommended drilling and saftey wiring it? or is there another update I missed.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I have all the updates for mine in a box here, think the pivot shaft/articulating thing is the only tricky one to install. I havn't done it yet. Danny at mototrax said they use a little hand press to remove the old one.

You can come look at mine and we can figure out how to install the updates once you have yours.

Edit: what is the brake pin fix? I Though they recommended drilling and saftey wiring it? or is there another update I missed.

New stainless pins from the inside out with a backer plate.
Much better.

Also the spring for the rear slider.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon

mototrax repair party.

motoshop has a press we can use.

might end up twinsies, so many good deals on kx450s.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Here are the upgrades I have, waiting to install. I already had the Rivits in my tunnel ( came with those because i got it part way through '17 )

I guess I'm missing the brake mod? I'll email and ask about it. Need to exchange my fit kit anyway because changed bikes.

Last edited:
Premium Features