• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 pro 800 TPS adjustment help

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Checking tps on sled. I have 5.04v on red/wht and blk/brn. I loosened throttle cable and idle screw and have 4.32v on red/wht and blue for base. Can it be that far off. Should be .700 base and .930-.950 on idle on 2011 same as 2013+ correct. Have not loosened tps yet. Sled was low idle when cold. Have to keep hitting flipper to run at first. Then 1st day on 3 day trip it would idle for 5 sec then die a lot. 2nd 3rd day were a little better. Also low rmp but snow was super deep also. Should I go ahead and adjust it to .700. As far as I can tell throttle is shut all way. Also using a fluke 87 meter. Thanks

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
check the base setting by using the red multi-meter probe on the LT Blue wire and the use the black multi meter probe on the black/dark blue wire.

Here are the wire colors and their function:

D1 DK Blue/White (should be red/white) is the TPS sensor power source wire 5VDC (The schematic says DK blue/White in the wire termination table, but the actual colors on the diagram shows red/white wire to the ECU)

D2 Lt blue is the TPS sensor signal to the ECU

D3 Black/Dk Blue is the sensor ground.

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
It's been a bit, but I just did mine, I can't remember the wire colors, but looking at the sensor plugged in, the left most wire is your 5V, the middle is your reference back to the ECU. and the right most or probably black is ground. so checking the outter 2 wires should show you your 5V reference.

NEXT you check between the left and middle wire, that will give you your reading your looking to adjust. It tells you from your 5V the drop that happened like .700V, checking the middle wire and the ground will show you your left over voltage, such as your reading of 4.32V, which means it's probably actually .68V since you dropped from 5V to 4.32.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
It's been a bit, but I just did mine, I can't remember the wire colors, but looking at the sensor plugged in, the left most wire is your 5V, the middle is your reference back to the ECU. and the right most or probably black is ground. so checking the outter 2 wires should show you your 5V reference.

NEXT you check between the left and middle wire, that will give you your reading your looking to adjust. It tells you from your 5V the drop that happened like .700V, checking the middle wire and the ground will show you your left over voltage, such as your reading of 4.32V, which means it's probably actually .68V since you dropped from 5V to 4.32.

You should be able to probe the middle (signal to ECU) and the right terminal (sensor ground) to get the voltage the ECU will see. This how I do it on my '14 Pro and my 16 Pro. Different connector but same use of the wires. How are you guys powering up the ECU/engine electronics, a power up cable???

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
You should be able to probe the middle (signal to ECU) and the right terminal (sensor ground) to get the voltage the ECU will see. This how I do it on my '14 Pro and my 16 Pro. Different connector but same use of the wires. How are you guys powering up the ECU/engine electronics, a power up cable???

Thanks guys. Was in wrong terminal. Moved it to middle and right one. Had .715v. I crimmped barrel sta-cons on wire that fits in ecu power connector snuggly with a 2A breaker to a 12v battery. That way I could turn it on and off. Could probably do it in 35mins now. Only had to take secondary off and clutch cover bolts to raise it up out of wat alittle.

Last edited:
M
Dec 24, 2018
doing same check on mine. I am using a Fluke 179 meter and i find the voltage bounces around a bit. It seems to settle for a short time then bounces around a bit. Connections seem good and using alligator clips.

Premium Features