SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

SnoWest Snowmobile Forum (https://www.snowest.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and User Feedback (https://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Streaming Video Ad issues.... (https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364255)

christopher 12-30-2013 04:07 PM

Streaming Video Ad issues....

The crew at Harris Publishing / SnoWest has been following along all of the user comments and a long detailed letter I sent them this morning.
A few moments ago I think they made a change to the video stream.

Question:

It appears that a small change has been made to the streaming video ads.
The default now appears to be Audio = OFF, rather than ON.

Are any of you getting the streaming audio now without clicking on the speaker icon in the video box??

I need to confirm this with a cross section of Free and Premium members to make sure it it actually happening.

christopher 12-30-2013 04:41 PM

Several people are reporting in the Chat Box that the default audio is no longer being pushed to their desktop.!!!

Is ANYONE out there getting the audio stream FORCED to them???

mtsummitx 12-30-2013 05:17 PM

Mine just says loading player now. So does this mean the video is still going to run, just with no audio??? If so what about the point made by me and a few others of the auto running video burning up our allowed data usage. Video ad should not run at all unless clicked on, no clicky no audio and no video.

christopher 12-30-2013 05:49 PM

We reached a reasonable compromise with the advertising department.
The video will remain, but the audio will now be set to OFF as the default.

May have more news for you in a week or so.

mtsummitx 12-30-2013 07:01 PM

Guess it's back to poaching my neighbors internet signal when I want to get on SnoWest. That is, until my subscription runs out.

diggerdown 12-30-2013 08:40 PM

At least that noise is off, now lets work at getting a full page back!
On another note, why am I having trouble loading pics guy's post. I have to click on them then click them off and back on again to get them to load?

skidoorulz 01-01-2014 01:03 PM

I am still getting audio at times. And when that happens I can not scroll untill the ad quits

03RMK800 01-02-2014 06:16 PM

Christopher,
Thanks for carrying all the feedback to Harris.

Its working for me, but I would hate to be on dial-up if the video still loads.

christopher 01-02-2014 06:51 PM

I agree completely.
We are working on two different solutions to this issue for our members.
Will post real details after I know we have been able to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

christopher 01-15-2014 02:22 PM

Christopher,

Here's the response from Springboard Video regarding the video audio problem on the forum.

There is a slight possibility that some of your users still have the previous version of the players config file cached in their browsers so this could be the reason why they still hear sound once the player starts video playback. A clear of their browsers cache could help in that case.

If this still keeps on happening please ask them for the following information:
1. The exact browser version where this is happening?
2. On what OS is this happening?
3. And what flash version is installed on their machine?
This is the URL where flash version can be checked:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...sh-player.html

Update Your Adobe Flash Player here.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

christopher 01-16-2014 04:34 PM

Did that make a difference for ANYONE?

the fix-it guy 01-20-2014 08:33 AM

For me the audio comes on about half the time now. this is with google chrome.

05900 01-20-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher (Post 3493055)
We reached a reasonable compromise with the advertising department.
The video will remain, but the audio will now be set to OFF as the default.

May have more news for you in a week or so.

So video and no chat box,ads that double & triple stack is reasonable?
Seems most are disgruntled because this is not what we paid for and now the advertising dept is in charge?:crazy:

How do we change this? Install Ad blockers different OS's etc etc?
Can't access live chat as it is... getting less forum and more ads for paid membership seems like a non sustaining business plan.

There are already a number of members remembering " when it worked and was fun" Do we have to wait for "remember SnoWest" before something is done?

With the recent member disention...when??

the fix-it guy 01-27-2014 08:16 AM

With the pantene bitch the audio is always:face-icon-small-sad on. If other ads come up they seem to have the sound off unless I mouse over.

egesledder 01-30-2014 09:44 AM

Video is always on for me with firefox. Just cleared cache and history, no changes. Pantene commercial still making noise. Definitely not what I paid premium membership for.

05900 01-30-2014 01:51 PM

Who doesn't love pohm haah ?

the fix-it guy 02-17-2014 11:12 PM

That pantene bitch is still :mad2::mad2: me off!!!

I think I am going to record her and make a continuous loop like what plays on my computer and bring it to the next snow show that Snowest is at. Put it in a boom box and play it all day long.

CO 2.0 02-27-2014 12:30 PM

This is pissing me off. I still get audio on all the time. Stupid as $hit when WE PAY MONEY TO BE ON THIS SITE AND STILL HAVE TO LOOK AND HEAR ADVERTISMENTS ALL OVER THE PAGE. This crap should be turned off to people who pay. Push your advertisements onto people who don't pay to be on this site. Paying AND getting advertisements this annoying is complete BS.

shelbwyo 02-27-2014 05:39 PM

I wasnt getting the audio unless i put my mouse on the ad. But NOW I get this 'Game of Arms' advertisment from AMC. It expands to cover atleast half of my search button next to the search type bar. HOW ANNOYING! Anybody else get this?

paulharris 02-27-2014 09:40 PM

what the F**k is up with the arm wrestling advertisement that comes spilling across the screen preventing you from clicking on anything? So we are being force-fed advertisements now on a paid forum? B.S., money hungry snowest. this is my last year paying for premium, luckily i have only paid for one year

paulharris 02-27-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelbwyo (Post 3567897)
I wasnt getting the audio unless i put my mouse on the ad. But NOW I get this 'Game of Arms' advertisment from AMC. It expands to cover atleast half of my search button next to the search type bar. HOW ANNOYING! Anybody else get this?

Yup, i got it too. must be a new tactic for the money hungry bast*ards at snowest. force feeding ads on a paid forum....nice

IDspud 02-27-2014 11:46 PM

Twice its locked me up and I have to exit clear out and back in to get my screen to respond.

christopher 02-28-2014 08:44 PM

Just so you all know.
I am seeing exactly the same thing.
Stops me from logging into the forums as well.

I have written to everyone at Corporate ASKING THEM TO REMOVE it ASAP!

This is what I see with FireFox
And what makes it worse is that when I close the ad, the login fields appear to be corrupted and I have to back out and start over again.
//www.snowest.com/forum/picture...ictureid=30190

christopher 02-28-2014 08:47 PM

Corporate just got back to me.
They are working on removing that ad from the rotation.
But its NOT an instant thing....

shelbwyo 02-28-2014 08:49 PM

Streaming AUDIO feed on the Video Ad now OFF ??

Thanks Chris! I am using Firefox and seeing the exact same thing as well. Hope they get it taken care of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk