• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: PES - Quick Disconnect Sway Bar End Link Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Our first products are
1) Sway Bar Quick Disconnect kit (no tools required once installed) OR
2) Replacement sway bar end link kit (requires wrenches) for the 2009-2014 Polaris snowmobiles that use a sway bar.

*Our kits will fit on 2013/2014 PRO RMK's but I have not personally been able test this product on those sleds. I do have quite a few customers that are running the Quick Disconnect kits on their PRO's , but just be aware before your order that I can not fully guarantee compatibility on 13/14 PRO's at this time*

The idea for this product came from feedback from forum members and the frustration of personally breaking two sets of the stock links this last season due to their poor design and then having to pay $33 for each one replacement.

This replacement kit is much stronger than the stock plastic end links and improves the sway bar's motion by correcting the geometry between the components. It is a must for those heavy hitters and big jumpers that like to run a sway bar. (*The center to center length of this part is not the same as stock and was designed to be that way*)

The Quick Disconnect kit is for anyone that's wanted to easily connect and disconnect the sway bar for changing riding conditions. This link completely removes from the sway bar so it is not flopping and damaging your suspension components like other kits out there.

*Note: Kit will come with stainless steel spacers instead of the bronze spacers shown in the photo.

*Update(1/28): Kit compatable with the Pro RMK bonded A-Arms added. Please see swapmeet post for more info.

For Pricing and Ordering questions and discussion related to availability, pricing, shipping, order time, sales etc... information please see our post in the Swap Meet:
CLICK ON THIS LINK.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3384632#post3384632

Cheers,

-PES

THIS PHOTO IS SHOWING QUICK DISCONNECT LINK

IMG_3897_zps3de6f535.jpg

THIS PHOTO IS SHOWING REPLACEMENT LINK KIT (remove with wrenches, NOT quick-disconnect)

IMG_3894_zpsd80e7bf6.jpg

Pro RMK Kits (new):
20140127_181914.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3865.jpg Solid2.JPG SolidQD.JPG IMG_3889.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Congrats on having the initiative and courage to do a startup. Best of luck to you and your brother in search of the American dream.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Congratulations on graduating in a tough field. Good luck with your venture. Remember how finicky us sled guys are. Expectations are high and everybody wants it cheap. Just keep a solid customer relationship and don't get caught up in the 4M crap that some other vendors have been caught up in. I look forward to seeing what you have for hand guards.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
What happens to the loose end of the quick disconnect link when not attached?

Does it simply rattle around until you reattach it?

The whole link is going to come off, super easy, and much safer than leaving it attached at one end. I'll have pictures Monday!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Just a suggestion the use of washers looks like a hassle. A one piece stainless steel spacer and one washer would be better.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Thank you for all of the recent orders! The reception to this little part has been great so far.

**All Quick Disconnect Kits will now include the easy to use retaining clip instead of the pin.

20130911_202317b_zps27f5c17a.jpg

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I haven't seen or heard of any issues with interference in that kind of loading scenario. Maybe if one side was bottomed out and the other side fully extended there's a chance the sway bar might make contact with the front tube of the A-Arm or the sway bar bracket but the sway bar wouldn't be in a position to catch or get hooked on anything so the most that might happen is make a small nick in your paint.
That's a "worst case" loading scenario and even in that case I don't see anything to be concerned with, except maybe where your sled is going to end up after you fall off from such an uneven impact.

LP...What happens when the one side is disconnected...and compressed fully with the other side fully extended (sway bar in the fully down position)??

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
I came from an 08 XP and took the bar out completely, challenging on the trails but I got used to it. Now with the Pro are many people removing bars or leaving them in, might be interested in this part once I get some rides on it and decide if I need both :)
Looks like a great design!
P

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
(*The center to center length of this part is not the same as stock and was designed to be that way*)

Can you explain why the length is not the same?

Premium Features