• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thoughts on suicide

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
maybe its the self loathing in me that sees it as a non option. Verry good friend of mine just shot a young kid 23years old, and then himself. (was first shot by cushing and then went and got his gun). Not trying to justify or theorize aanything with that. Just curios of what others think. Is the lockdown to blame for this and many other tragedies? i know i miss my buddy, not just Aza Z. But plenty of others! When do we end this bullshit and take our country back EHHH????

bout over it. serious thoughts and posts only please/ thanks

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
So your friend murdered someone? Then murdered themselves? That isn't suicide. That is being a coward. Just like the dudes in Boulder and Atlanta killing random people. Cowards.

Then you go to question the lockdown for crazy behavior? C'mon dude stop it.

Anyway don't murder people, don't kill yourself, and don't blame your problems on the government. Be a stronger person than that. Volunteer your time to help those in need. Some people just want to talk in person and understand they aren't alone.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
If you want to read a study how mood has been affected during Covid-19 here is an interesting read. Extroverts and introverts seem to have opposite outcomes

" These data support the conclusion that personality traits are related to mental health and can play a role in a person’s ability to cope with major stressful events"

The pandemic has been a war on a virus. How people adjusted to it is directly tied to their personalities. Mental health is as important as physical health and we need to do more to treat it. Going snowmobiling is good for your mental health.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, as well as effect this will have on all that cared about these two people.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Unfortunately most going down that road have already convinced themselves that their current problem can not be resolved any other way. Some how we need to get everyone to understand that temporary problems can be overcome, but it takes time and effort that will be worth it in the end. Our current society of needing instant gratification and self centeredness has made it harder for many to accept that life does have ups and downs, and it does require effort on our part, that truly does pay off in due time. We all need try harder to practice instill, and promote better values in our day to day lives in hope that it can change the direction our society is currently heading. The quote I started with was told to many years ago and has given me a lot of perspective about the things that life will throw at you. I have shared it many times and hope it has helped others as well.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
If you want to read a study how mood has been affected during Covid-19 here is an interesting read. Extroverts and introverts seem to have opposite outcomes

" These data support the conclusion that personality traits are related to mental health and can play a role in a person’s ability to cope with major stressful events"

The pandemic has been a war on a virus. How people adjusted to it is directly tied to their personalities. Mental health is as important as physical health and we need to do more to treat it. Going snowmobiling is good for your mental health.
I'd argue the actual virus is our government. Time has a funny way of putting things into perspective.

Dangerous freedom is much better than safe slavery. Are you aware of how the dopamine risk vs reward system works in our brains? When one is on a path that seems to or is believed to be "right", it constantly rewards you. Thus, the opposite is tragically true.

Few things in this world are black or white and happiness is often easier to find when one doesn't ask "why".

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Neighbor my age from farm next door just shut his phone off and disappeared yesterday morning.
Found his body today at top of local mtns.
Divorced and remarried four years ago.
Sold the farm and worked at machine shop in town since.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Very sad. The media plays on the number of gun deaths per year for knee jerky. But the sad part is 60% of these are self inflicted.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
He’s skilled enough he’d have managed it without the firearm.
He was one I never saw coming.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Very sorry for the loss. I just can't imagine why someone would do this. Had a cousin do it too.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Most of the ones I’ve had personal experience with are pushed up against a wall in some way they can’t control and feel it’s the best option.
Three common threads always appear in my personal experience.

1. Addiction, obvious pitfalls that lead to hopelessness.
2. Courts. Before we jump on the criminal side and say you get what you ask for, that’s not it.
It’s typically years into divorce or custody battles that cripple your childrens lives and your finances through laws that are impossible to appease or counteract. Decisions being made by strangers handling a caseload that don’t even know the kids or parents.
Trying to relieve a child from the abuse of the other parent is flat ****ing impossible through courts.
Enter Murder-Suicide.
Quick consequences that free the children from the abuser.
3. Economic disasters so huge there’s no way out. Very common end to patriarchs of family farms to give kids a fresh start.

Now enter teenage suicide and it’s a much more complex situation but often tie back to parents or friends involved with the three topics above.
Self esteem issues with teens also often begin with some type of tie in to the above.

My only guess at present with my friend this morning is he was on a fixed income and at an age/level with very little chance of increasing his income. May never know.

He was a hard working badass dedicated to providing for his family. The world needs a few more of him rather than less.

Premium Features