• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guides in alpine?

moto305

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
Planning a trip to alpine beginning of February and looking for places to stay and guide options for backcountry riding?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Rockin m ranch you can stay and ride from.

N
Jan 15, 2020
I am from VA, and can't offer advice on guides, but can tell you I stayed at the flying saddle and it was perfect. You can ride out of there (don't let the bridge fool you, there is access on the left side going south for sleds... it is rough as hell and all whooped out, but you can cross. Food available on site, cheap simple rooms, clean and safe. They are OK with sleds in the parking lot, and the pool and hot tub are nice after a long day. Not sure of your skill level, or if you are traveling alone, but I went out last year and was very green. Used to east coast trails, and this is the first mountain experience, but had an absolute blast. Went there with a friend, and although underprepared, we still had fun. What we lack in skill, we make up for with trying. IMO, for first timers we managed to find some thrilling stuff off trail. There are enough trails that can get you back in, and you can break off and get into some sketchy stuff. If you are extremely advanced, and looking for Turbo Paul (youtube) style riding, forget about my recommendation! LOL!

We rented 154 sleds, and while they did well, I had intentions of trying a 163 or 174 this time around, but looks like Dan at next level axed sled rentals unless you are taking a class. Bummer.

I hope to be out there early February, but logistically getting out and back safely from the east coast is tough with this virus stuff. Have to see...

Oh yea, Rockin M supports and updates here and looks like a great place to stay. I'd like to check it out since they support this site so well.

Have fun and stay safe!!!

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Lincoln County Customs...Troy and Rich are both bad ass back country riders. ..307-654-6637
They have rentals plus work on sleds if yall have issues...
Troy builds my snowmobiles since 2003 to include the Sidewinder in Profile Pic. Never ridden stock. Dropped to LCC mile 0
Tell them Craig said Hi..
Lincoln County Customs - Home | Facebook

Last edited:
Premium Features