• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

corona virus

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
It’s just a mask.
It’s just six feet.
It’s just two weeks.
It’s just non-essential businesses.
It’s just non-essential workers.
It’s just a bar.
It’s just a restaurant.
It’s just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.
It’s just until the cases go down.
It’s just to flatten the curve.
It’s just a few inmates.
It’s just to keep others from being scared.
It’s just for a few more weeks.
It’s just church. You could still pray.
It’s just prayer.
It’s just until we get a vaccine.
It’s just a bracelet.
It’s just an app.
It’s just for tracing.
It’s just to let people know you’re safe to be around.
It’s just to let others know who you’ve been in contact with.
It’s just a few more months.
It’s just some more inmates.
It’s just a video.
It’s just a post.
It’s just an email account.
It’s just for protecting other from hate speech.
It’s just for protecting others from hurt feelings.
It’s just a large gathering but for protests.
It’s just a few violent protests.
It’s just a little micro chip.
It’s just a blood test.
It’s just a test.
It’s just a scan.
It’s just for medical information.
It’s just to store a vaccination certificate.
It’s just like a credit card.
It’s just a few places that don’t take cash.
It’s just so you can travel.
It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.
It’s just so you can vote.
It’s just mail-in voting.
It’s just a few more years.
It’s just a statue.
It’s just a monument.
It’s just a building.
It’s just a song.
It’s just a lyric.
It’s just an anthem.
It’s just a few words.
It’s just a piece of paper.
It’s just a book.
It’s just a movie.
It’s just a TV show.
It’s just a cartoon character.
It’s just a piece of cloth.
It’s just a flag.
It’s just a dog.
It’s just a clump of cells.
It’s just a fetus.
It’s just a religion.
It’s just a holiday.
It’s just a sexual preference for minors.

it’s not just a mask. Understand ?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Honest question with that as the perfect example - do people in the USA understand that this is a worldwide thing and that the inconvenience is not just on them?

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I TALKED TO A MAN TODAY . . .

I talked with a man today, an 80+ year old man. I asked him if there was anything I can get him while this Corona virus scare was gripping America.

He simply smiled, looked away and said:

"Let me tell you what I need! [pause] I need to believe, at some point, this country my generation fought for [pause] I need to believe this nation we handed safely to our children and their children [pause] . . .

I need to know this generation will quit being a bunch of sissies . . . that they respect what they've been given . . . that they've earned what others sacrificed for."

I wasn't sure where the conversation was going or if it was going anywhere at all. So, I sat there, quietly observing.

"You know, I was a little boy during WWII. Those were scary days. We didn't know if we were going to be speaking English, German or Japanese at the end of the war. There was no certainty, no guarantees like Americans enjoy today.

And no home went without sacrifice or loss. Every house, up and down every street, had someone in harm's way. Maybe their Daddy was a soldier, maybe their son was a sailor, maybe it was an uncle. Sometimes it was the whole damn family . . . fathers, sons, uncles . . .

Having someone, you love, sent off to war . . . it wasn't less frightening than it is today. It was scary as Hell. If anything, it was more frightening. We didn't have battlefront news. We didn't have email or cellphones. You sent them away and you hoped...you prayed. You may not hear from them for months, if ever. Sometimes a mother was getting her son's letters the same day Dad was comforting her over their child's death.

And we sacrificed. You couldn't buy things. Everything was rationed. You were only allowed so much milk per month, only so much bread, toilet paper. EVERYTHING was restricted for the war effort. And what you weren't using, what you didn't need, things you threw away, they were saved and sorted for the war effort. My generation was the original recycling movement in America.

And we had viruses back then...serious viruses. Things like polio, measles, and such. It was nothing to walk to school and pass a house or two that was quarantined. We didn't shut down our schools. We didn't shut down our cities. We carried on, without masks, without hand sanitizer. And do you know what? We persevered. We overcame. We didn't attack our President, we came together. We rallied around the flag for the war. Thick or thin, we were in it to win. And we would lose more boys in an hour of combat than we lose in entire wars today."

He slowly looked away again. Maybe I saw a small tear in the corner of his eye. Then he continued:

"Today's kids don't know sacrifice. They think sacrifice is not having coverage on their phone while they freely drive across the country. Today's kids are selfish and spoiled. In my generation, we looked out for our elders. We helped out with single moms whose husbands were either at war or dead from war. Today's kids rush [to] the store, buying everything they can . . . no concern for anyone but themselves. It's shameful the way Americans behave these days. None of them deserve the sacrifices their granddads made.

So, no I don't need anything. I appreciate your offer but, I know I've been through worse things than this virus. But maybe I should be asking you, what can I do to help you? Do you have enough pop to get through this, enough steak? Will you be able to survive with 113 channels on your TV?"

I smiled, fighting back a tear of my own . . . now humbled by a man in his 80's. All I could do was thank him for the history lesson, leave my number for emergency and leave with my ego firmly tucked in my rear.

I talked to a man today. A real man. An American man from an era long gone and forgotten.
We will never understand the sacrifices. We will never fully earn their sacrifices. But we should work harder to learn about them . . . learn from them . . . . . to respect them.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
How does a covid test distinguish the difference between a flu/covid and covid19 ?

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
How does a covid test distinguish the difference between a flu/covid and covid19 ?

That’s a great question. Given how many different strains there are, the doctors I work with are suspicious that ANY Covid strain popping positive counts towards the -19 strain. All the rising cases are very suspect.

I also have first hand knowledge of a covid-19 patient that failed nose/mouth cultures for 3 weeks. He was counted 21 times as a new positive case of Covid, the hospital gets federal funding for each positive test. They claimed that he had to test negative for 2 weeks to get moved out of the ICU so they had to know when he was no longer susceptible to infecting others.

So then I ask, what is the truth and what are the real numbers?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This virus tool is dehumanizing , the numbers are a joke , there has been more deaths from the common flu last year at this time .

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
That’s a great question. Given how many different strains there are, the doctors I work with are suspicious that ANY Covid strain popping positive counts towards the -19 strain. All the rising cases are very suspect.

Doing some reading and talked to my dad who is a retired professor in epidiemeology and physiology, they are not counting other strains of covid. The testing employed is specific to covid-19, not SARS or MERS (which you'd be hearing a very different story about), or the other 4 common corona virus' in humans. That's why we weren't prepared for testing months ago, because the test to single out covid19 had to be developed since it had newly evolved into humans.

Also, the meme above about testing positive, you have to be specific about what you're testing positive for. Nasal swab or antibody/blood test? They are different. It's not that cut and dry.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Found this interesting... some of the numbers are a little off... but the overall view is solid.

View attachment 350757

Divide that by 15 and it will be much closer.
TOTAL Deaths in the United states likely will not reach 1%.
Currently U.S. avg 2.8 million deaths per year.

Not a dig at you mtnhorse but the creator of the meme.
When i see exaggerations like this, it loses all credibility.

Sent it

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Another meme with numbers. Mountianhorses' meme is noticeably composed with the intent to STRIKE FEAR with the projectionist WHAT IF! THINK! THIS IF FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE!

And lets not forget that even the CDC death totals are skewed and exaggerated because they don't differentiate between a death WITH covid vs a death FROM covid.

I don't remember any politician or media ever giving A. F. about influenza even remotely to this magnitude, and up to this point, given the skewed stats, covid seems pretty comparable to influenza.

1594829083022.png

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Walmart announced on Wednesday it will require shoppers to wear a face covering starting on July 20 in all stores and clubs across the U.S.

The move by the nation's largest retailer comes as coronavirus cases have surged in various states including Texas, California and Florida.

Walmart noted that currently about 65 percent of its more than 5,000 stores and clubs are located in areas where there is some form of government mandate on face coverings. The new policy is in place to help bring consistency, the company said.

“While we’re certainly not the first business to require face coverings, we know this is a simple step everyone can take for their safety and the safety of others in our facilities,” Dacona Smith, Walmart U.S. chief operating officer, and Lance de la Rosa, Sam’s Club chief operating officer, wrote in a press release.

Walmart created a health ambassador position for each store and will station them near the entrance of stores, along with clear signage, to remind people without a mask of the policy. The ambassadors will receive special training and be identifiable by black polo shirts.

Walmart announced on Wednesday it will require shoppers to wear a face covering starting on July 20 in all stores and clubs across the U.S.

The move by the nation's largest retailer comes as coronavirus cases have surged in various states including Texas, California and Florida.

Walmart noted that currently about 65 percent of its more than 5,000 stores and clubs are located in areas where there is some form of government mandate on face coverings. The new policy is in place to help bring consistency, the company said.

“While we’re certainly not the first business to require face coverings, we know this is a simple step everyone can take for their safety and the safety of others in our facilities,” Dacona Smith, Walmart U.S. chief operating officer, and Lance de la Rosa, Sam’s Club chief operating officer, wrote in a press release.

Walmart created a health ambassador position for each store and will station them near the entrance of stores, along with clear signage, to remind people without a mask of the policy. The ambassadors will receive special training and be identifiable by black polo shirts.
The company added that the ambassador will work with customers who show up at the store without a covering to try to find a solution, and it is currently considering different solutions for customers for when this takes effect.

Stores will also have a single entrance, the company said. Sam’s Club branches will have associates at entrances to remind customers of the policy as well.

“We know it may not be possible for everyone to wear a face covering. Our associates will be trained on those exceptions to help reduce friction for the shopper and make the process as easy as possible for everyone,” Smith and de la Rosa wrote.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
"I'm not saying Covid-19 isn't real... But Pay attention folks, there's much more going on here than what meets the eye.
Is it a coincidence that just when the economy is booming, the stock market is setting record highs, we are winning the trade wars, school shootings have stopped, our nation is at peace, the Democratic party is a disaster and so is their likely nominee? (Biden). He hasn't a chance in hell & they're not about to let an outsider(Bernie) destroy their scheme.
It looks like Trump is a sure bet for reelection after fending off 3 years of investigations and impeachment, then all of a sudden world crisis pandemic. Stock market tumbles, companies are laying off employees, everything is closed and canceled, CEO's of giant companies are resigning and indictments are coming.
Now they say there are a couple ways a President doesn't win reelection. Those are an unpopular war or a poor economy.
But there is something larger going on here driving this sudden outbreak right after Trump beats an impeachment. Especially the fact that it (Corona Virus) originated in China who we are in a global trade war with; brought on by Trump. Let's not forget Biden's back door deals with CHINA as well.
China doesn't want 4 more years of Trump either. It all seems rather convenient for the nations and opponents of our current President and economy 5 months before an election. Couldn't have hit at a more perfect time.
With the Democrats running out of campaign talking points, in light of no school shootings, no migrant caravans at the southern border, fighting in Syria winding down, North Korea not firing missiles and Trump beating a sham impeachment. The Corona Virus gave them one last hail Mary to try and point fingers at Trump with the clock winding down in 2020.
This is almost the perfect fascist playbook. Control the population with fear-mongering and panic, control the media, spread propaganda and the fan-favorite disarm the population. Oh, and did anyone notice that while they are mad as hell at Trump for not sending aid to Ukraine, they THEMSELVES voted AGAINST giving ANY emergency aid to all Americans ?
Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten.
The common flu has killed more people this year already and the media is SILENT!
A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. It all just seems fishy, a little too well-timed if you ask me."

Premium Features