• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vasectomy - day 3

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Asking for a friend... Buddy of mine is on start of day three of his vasectomy recovery. He played it by the books the first two days and just laid around. It’s the start of day three and the giblets are still a little tender.

Is this a normal feeling start of the 3rd day?

S
Feb 14, 2010
Asking for a friend... Buddy of mine is on start of day three of his vasectomy recovery. He played it by the books the first two days and just laid around. It’s the start of day three and the giblets are still a little tender.

S
Feb 14, 2010

S
Feb 14, 2010
Dude. Day 3? Your plumbs were shaved, incised and tubes cut. Dr pulls cut tubes out and ties them in knots and staples shut. Tell your friend day three was quite presumptuous! Sorry to be a ball buster.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I followed all recommendations for the first two days. Lots of TV, bags of peas, etc .
Only took the first dose of Lortab. That was ENOUGH room spinning to get me through a lifetime. Stuck with ibuprofen.

Felt pretty good by day three, soooo....
On day three, I thought I was ahead of the game and I planned to be active.
So that morning I got up and started getting dressed. I tossed my cookies 10 steps from the bed.
Lol.
Got right back into bed and stayed there for two more days.

I went sledding on day 6 though. I stood the whole ride. Didn't touch the seat.
Was a warm June day. Rode in t-shirts and board shorts.
I actually did pretty well that day. Got really sunburned too. Lol

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Day 3-5 were probably the most uncomfortable. Did nothing for the first few days and felt good, but then started doing more after a few and that aggravated things. Quite a few buddies with that recently....healing time and how long you feel it for varies A LOT. Few days to a couple months. Same if you read online - it's all over the map. Boils down to luck...and taking it easy the first week

I went totally by the book....I'd say the pain was gone after 5 ish days, but was feeling it one way or another for weeks. "Your mileage may vary" lol

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Make sure your friend understands that if he ejaculates anytime in the next 60 days his balls will explode. Tell him to take it slow. No activity prior to 60 days!

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Just tell him to do a little Google search of ball pics after. I didn't exactly do it by the book. I have a hard time not doing anything. My balls were purple for a week and half. Like to the point I was a little worried if they would go back to normal. Just us lots of frozen peas. They work the best to form around the package. Ice packs are junk!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
One thing "your friend" will discover is that there is more "heat" down there during the recovery.

You'll notice far less pool shrinkage.

Premium Features