• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bigger tires on the Alpha

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Has anyone put bigger tires up top on the rear suspension?
I'm frustrated that cat couldn't figure out how to mount the rear shock in a location that would NOT allow it to make contact with the track.
Easiest solution i see is, larger wheels. I thought about putting a set of Mseries rear wheels on to gain clearance?
Not sure if they will fit but i have a set so, worth trying.....

Anyone see a negative to this?

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Can you please explain how this changes the distance from the top of the front arm to the rail tip? I feel like that distance is controlled entirely by the limiter strap and how easily they meet is controlled by the shock compression. What am I missing?
I think ur on the wrong thread?

Sent it

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Let us know if those wheels fit. And pay attention I’d be curious if you notice any gain in track speed?

Considering how good this skid works Could one imagine how good this skid could work if it actaully had good drivers, little bigger wheels at rail tip and at top rear. Springs that don’t rub on the resivoir. actual bump stops instead of a hard strip of belting. Oh and shocks with more travel And some sag like every other brand. so much room for improvement. Yet it works so good.

Premium Features