• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing every other track clip?

M
Sep 21, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has took out every other track clip, and was it worth it?
I can see less rotational mass and also a increase in slider wear. On the fence on doing it on my aro kit.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
My yeti/camso 120 2.5 by 12 wide came new with every other clip. My timbersled 120 2.5 by 12 has a clip on every rod. I haven't noticed a big difference in hyfax wear. I think there is a slight bit more vibration (every other clip) generated as the yeti rotates and contacts the rail. Otherwise, I have not noticed a downside to the every other clip.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has took out every other track clip, and was it worth it?
I can see less rotational mass and also a increase in slider wear. On the fence on doing it on my aro kit.
When ewe run a very small driver and remove clips the track can vibrate and lose efficiency since there are only 2 teeth driving the track on some kits, The rolling smoothness is compromised . To really increase rolling efficiency add anti stab wheel kit, The rolling resistance is greatly reduced .

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
I switched from a fully clipped ts convex track to a half clipped yeti and noticed the hyfax now get sticky on the roads. I didn't think it would be a problem because the missing clips were on the bar without a paddle but it matters. I'll have to run scratchers now. The yeti track works better in pow but I don't think it has anything to do with less rotation weight. I won't ever remove the clips if I have a choice.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
dupont-vespel-sliders-hyfax-for-ski-doo-models-12.png

Not cheap , priced each , made for all models .

B
May 1, 2018
I do it on everything as spinning weight sucks..If you use a https://cf-t.com/freud-fb-001-14-forstner-bit I use a 3/8 and drill about half way through your track where the clip use to be, that little hole will hold snow in any condition and turn into a little ice puck that rides on the hifax.No more than usual hifax wear and if any , less

Premium Features