• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee Guards

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I second the leatt. Couldn't be happier with them

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Been rocking th EVS TP199 ones. Vevy comfortable for all day tree riding type stuff. good protection and they stay located really well. Solid performance for the cash.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
BCA for me, inexpensive and good protection. Sometimes they slide around but it's not a big deal. I've torn both my acl's so the fronts of my knees are really sensitive. Knee pads are a lifesaver

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Curious what everyone is using for knee protection?

I found the more protection you have for your knees the more you are likely to damage the knee panels with those hard plastic knee pads. I highly recommned padding on the sled itself on both panels where your knees contact. This makes the panels last much longer and secondly for that day you forget your knee pads you will be very happy you padded that area of your sled. I started out with purchased pads but over the years I now cut my own and glue them on. The last time around I found a nice black yoga mat that cut well and made great pads.

knee pad.jpg

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I found the more protection you have for your knees the more you are likely to damage the knee panels with those hard plastic knee pads. I highly recommned padding on the sled itself on both panels where your knees contact. This makes the panels last much longer and secondly for that day you forget your knee pads you will be very happy you padded that area of your sled. I started out with purchased pads but over the years I now cut my own and glue them on. The last time around I found a nice black yoga mat that cut well and made great pads.
Down side it your shin is still not protected from the running boards! And if you done it you know! What I like about the Leatt is the knee part articulates and the shin guard go's all the way to the boot.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
EVS kinda softies. I can go look. I just did. No clue what they are. Knee cup, shin protection, use them for sled and dirt bike. Velcro. I need to upgrade to more of a brace, getting old. I have buds and some guys that do legit vids that wear NOTHING. Mind blowing to me. I don't give a crap about what it may do to the sled, my knees are worth much much more than a sled panel. My bud didn't wear them, hit a hole, his femur poked a hole in his panel when it came through his knee. He wears now.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Down side it your shin is still not protected from the running boards! And if you done it you know! What I like about the Leatt is the knee part articulates and the shin guard go's all the way to the boot.
I agree with always having leg protection too, there were a couple rides that I forgot them. I'm getting old and forgetful I guess.

B
Jan 17, 2008
NorCal
Thanks for this thread. I just caught it browsing but I hurt my knee a year ago last May on my last spring ride, so covid year. Didn`t make a little jump and akward landing slammed my knee on the running board. Figured was a bone bruise finally went to the Dr. after 8 months or so and they were no help. Finally was getting better after 10 months or so. After seeing this thread a cpl days ago I ordered the Leatt Knee & Shin Guard Dual Axis off Amazon and had them the next day. Was a little worried how they would fit and feel but really happy with them and how they rotate with the bending of the knee. Also like the quick straps quality for these seem pretty nice.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I use:

Leatt 3.0 EXT Knee and Shin Guard​

Have used them the past 5 years and love them.

Premium Features