• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Nope it wasn't. But i should mention, i waited till the end of snowcheck to decide i would get one. Those of you who were right away, should be in better shape than me. They said it was based on when skidoo got the order from dealers, to where your sled sits in the production cue. They already have some snow checks at the dealership (Star Valley Skidoo), but those won't be ready to go till December due to parts according to brp. I could still tell them to build my sled, but at this point, i am going to save the money this year as becoming a home owner hasn't been cheap and my horses like to eat too. If i didn't have sleds in the garage right now, i would be far more unhappy with the situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Are you sure about that? I snowchecked the very last day, two of them have been here for well over two months, the other will be here next month. Actually, do the dealers submit all of the orders at once? If so, that makes sense.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
UPDATE ON DELIVERIES.

I made a discreet enquiry. ;)

Snowchecked 2022 Turbos should be arriving at dealers during the month of November.
(Some may even see them this month)

I stand by my earlier estimate that we should have our sleds by Thanksgiving.:)

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Are you sure about that? I snowchecked the very last day, two of them have been here for well over two months, the other will be here next month. Actually, do the dealers submit all of the orders at once? If so, that makes sense.
All i know is mine won't be here until January according to what BRP told the dealer last week

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Agreed. I will be holding onto sleds until I have new ones available in future years.
well **** i didnt think about this until someone mentioned seadoo. i sold one and have another for sale and have 2 on order. i hope they are on time

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Actually, you are correct. They did some neat stuff, forgot about that. They were just impossible to see/read while riding. It took me a while to figure out how to change from KH to MH. Then once I did I was the guy fixing my buds' speedos, lol.

Adjusting the thumb heater grip ratio with the gauge was a nice touch as well.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
WHAT? YOU CAN DO THAT? Lol. I can't do tech stuff. Damn. Been burning the crap out of my thumb. Moved my sleds this summer and literally burned my thumb.

I didn’t know until I went to take my sled to the dealer. The thumb was way to hot, it’s In The settings, under throttle CF??? If I remember correctly.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
UPDATE ON DELIVERIES.

I made a discreet enquiry. ;)

Snowchecked 2022 Turbos should be arriving at dealers during the month of November.
(Some may even see them this month)

I stand by my earlier estimate that we should have our sleds by Thanksgiving.:)
I hope you are right, I was told January for my personal turbo and so did my buddy on his turbo.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Nope it wasn't. But i should mention, i waited till the end of snowcheck to decide i would get one. Those of you who were right away, should be in better shape than me. They said it was based on when skidoo got the order from dealers, to where your sled sits in the production cue.
FWIW, highly doubt they knew what they were talking about, or they were relaying BS. OEM build schedules are based on a complex combo of calibration readiness, build volume demand, model/color mix, parts and tool availability, ship-to region (route and early snow), change-over cost, but not the sequence of order arrival at snowcheck. You're in the build batch, or not. Got much more complex with OEMs painting their own tunnels and molding panels. Saw the scheduling process first hand years ago working with sled OEMs. That's why snowcheck has a closing date - to batch model mix and negotiate parts POs.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
FWIW, highly doubt they knew what they were talking about, or they were relaying BS. OEM build schedules are based on a complex combo of calibration readiness, build volume demand, model/color mix, parts and tool availability, ship-to region (route and early snow), change-over cost, but not the sequence of order arrival at snowcheck. You're in the build batch, or not. Got much more complex with OEMs painting their own tunnels and molding panels. Saw the scheduling process first hand years ago working with sled OEMs. That's why snowcheck has a closing date - to batch model mix and negotiate parts POs.
So my dealer has snowcheck freeride turbos already sitting in crates at the shop, but brp called directly to see if i even want mine because it hasn't even entered production yet. How do you explain that? My dealer has been around for decades and is well respected, i believe what they tell me

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
WHAT? YOU CAN DO THAT? Lol. I can't do tech stuff. Damn. Been burning the crap out of my thumb. Moved my sleds this summer and literally burned my thumb.
You cam adjust it through your gauge, when your scrolling through your gauge you'll see the words "thmb wrmr" (or similar) and you use the heater control switch to adjust it, I had the same issue and was able to figure out how to adjust it once I found the settings in the gauge.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That is kinda what I always thought. Especially the region stuff. It seems like we usually get ours earlier than most, based on the low elevation being 5000 feet.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So my dealer has snowcheck freeride turbos already sitting in crates at the shop, but brp called directly to see if i even want mine because it hasn't even entered production yet. How do you explain that? My dealer has been around for decades and is well respected, i believe what they tell me

I can only share what I worked with through the factories and dealer network. Even if the model mix is the same (track, color, factory options), they do plan and make multiple runs of the same model/sub-model due to quality assessments, parts/color availability, tooling break/fix, color and line changeover, calibration updates. Got a hunch assembly line staffing is now a factor, too. Seen the exact same sleds built in different lots driven by what I just described. Snowcheck order receipt sequence was never a build schedule consideration. (It could also be kinda stupid, due to LTL transportation costs, not to mention changeover). There's no financial incentive for the OEM to build by order receipt date, only disincentives. If this is seen as BS, so be it.

Certain athletes/ambassadors and high volume dealers do get priority ship. FWIW, everything else equal, I would prefer to have a later lot and build sequence than earlier. Humans are still doing final assembly and ship prep. Then there's luck, good and bad. Great that you trust your dealer and you shared what they said.

Premium Features