• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Well duh, that cap IS the new gauge.

Doo will say they are cutting back to save weight and make the full gauge an accessory you can buy. :(

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
My dealer called me yesterday, my snowcheck freeride turbo will not be here until January.. at the earliest! I'm going to take my money back as it was offered, and ride my expert another year and see what comes out next. No point in a new sled 1 month before the next years are released considering my riding starts in November. I'm just glad i only sold my 17 turbo and kept my expert, otherwise id be pretty unhappy currently

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
that sucks. would also suck if there's a significant price increase on the 2023's because of a continuing materials shortage. if there is, would brp absorb some of that cost???

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
that sucks. would also suck if there's a significant price increase on the 2023's because of a continuing materials shortage. if there is, would brp absorb some of that cost???
I would GUESS that BRP is taking it in the rear this year, cost-wise.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My dealer called me yesterday, my snowcheck freeride turbo will not be here until January.. at the earliest! I'm going to take my money back as it was offered, and ride my expert another year and see what comes out next. No point in a new sled 1 month before the next years are released considering my riding starts in November. I'm just glad i only sold my 17 turbo and kept my expert, otherwise id be pretty unhappy currently

Especially considering there SHOULD be a new chassis next year.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i have had a new pete dump truck on order for 6 months now with a sept build that was moved to dec and now today i am told july. we are in a world of hurt. the dealer said that truck has 30 semi conductors in it that were $5 at one time are now $250 each due holding companies buying inventory and reselling. it sounds like this truck is going to have surcharges up the ass. anyone heard any rumors on the mach z deliveries?

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
Called my dealer yesterday and they said my Lynx 4100 is still targeted for October delivery, but stated that it will probably show up missing parts. Good thing i've still got my 2018.

Devious Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2016
Been following this post in the background and have my own two cents to add to the whole gauge shortage and people wanting to snowcheck next year's sleds while backing out of this years. If they (manufacturer's) are so far behind right now, I feel that it is going to roll over into next years models also. I hate to say it, but this whole shortage has screwed our industry and other industries also. Even if they were able to get all the gauges, parts, and complete sleds to the customers before January (hypothetically), I am sure that Can-Am and Sea Doo are going to feel the same hurt as what we are feeling right now. Even with the Can-Am factory fire in Mexico earlier this year, the supply chain is going to be hurting for some time. The 2023 MY sleds may see the same issues we are now with shipping delays, but they could be even worse as dates are pushed even further out into the riding season.

To all those that are waiting for your snowchecks, I feel bad that you are not getting your sleds by the promised ship dates and as a whole unit. I hope y'all can get them before the good part of the season is here.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I would GUESS that BRP is taking it in the rear this year, cost-wise.
right but i'm referring to next year when there's probably a good chance that sleds will cost more than normal yearly increase because of all the current problems not going away anytime soon.
it's more true now than ever that if you currently have a running sled, then hang on to it.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
right but i'm referring to next year when there's probably a good chance that sleds will cost more than normal yearly increase because of all the current problems not going away anytime soon.
it's more true now than ever that if you currently have a running sled, then hang on to it.
Agreed. I will be holding onto sleds until I have new ones available in future years.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

THATS NOT GOOD NEWS AT ALL

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
THATS NOT GOOD NEWS AT ALL
Nope it wasn't. But i should mention, i waited till the end of snowcheck to decide i would get one. Those of you who were right away, should be in better shape than me. They said it was based on when skidoo got the order from dealers, to where your sled sits in the production cue. They already have some snow checks at the dealership (Star Valley Skidoo), but those won't be ready to go till December due to parts according to brp. I could still tell them to build my sled, but at this point, i am going to save the money this year as becoming a home owner hasn't been cheap and my horses like to eat too. If i didn't have sleds in the garage right now, i would be far more unhappy with the situation.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I really don't care what gauges we get. Honestly, last year's Expert gauges were kinda a pain in the ass. Can't see them, can't read them, hard to figure out.

Last year’s gauge was awesome! It had a lot of functionality In it that the budds used to be needed to do.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Last year’s gauge was awesome! It had a lot of functionality In it that the budds used to be needed to do.
Actually, you are correct. They did some neat stuff, forgot about that. They were just impossible to see/read while riding. It took me a while to figure out how to change from KH to MH. Then once I did I was the guy fixing my buds' speedos, lol.

Premium Features