• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo kit?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Anyone running the 850 silber turbo kit? They have some good deals right now. How do you like them? Ive always been an NA guy, just cause i love pull and go and no tinker.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
I have been running one on my 2020 and it took some time and talking to the right people, but now it runs awesome. DM me and I will let you know what works for me in South Eastern Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anyone running the 850 silber turbo kit? They have some good deals right now. How do you like them? Ive always been an NA guy, just cause i love pull and go and no tinker.

Ive read it, id ont mund tinkering at home, but i dont want to have to be messing with it in the mountains.

After owning one and riding 5 different silber 800’s and riding a couple 850’s (v1.0 and v2.0) I wouldn’t own an 850 silber.

inconsistent

prone to det.

bad lag.

I wouldn’t hesitate to own an 18+ 800 silber though.

Last edited:

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
mine and a buddies have been pretty much rock solid

mines an 850, 5lb spring, prem/a little avgas for safety
only had one day where i had issues, but i dont think that was due to the kit, fresh plugs seemed to fix it, pulls hard, TRS clutching

buddies is an 850, 10lbs, cant remember his fuel ratio,
his is always spot on as well, goes through reeds occasionally @ 10 lbs tho, garage maintenance item

i'd say if you run 5 or 7 lbs theyre pretty "maintenance free" other than the usual stuff. I look mine over well before and after each ride

went on a 10 day trip last year, multiple riding spots/elevations and it never had an issue

i think im going to bump up to 7lbs this year

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I have a 800 and a 850 both with Silbers and 2 other guys with Silber 850’s I ride with. We ride in both Michigan and out west and we have not had any issues to speak of that are turbo related, a few a-arms and bumpers but that’s about all. Every sled runs well as long as you get your fuel mixture in the safe zone!

Been running silber on a 15, 17, 19 and soon to be 22. I ride with 5 new ones every year for the last 7 years with no motor issues.. once you dial fuel mixture down its all good.. makes you more confident rider and you can recover from mistakes you make on the hill with power.. put kit on and leave it a lone is the best advice!

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Been running silber on a 15, 17, 19 and soon to be 22. I ride with 5 new ones every year for the last 7 years with no motor issues.. once you dial fuel mixture down its all good.. makes you more confident rider and you can recover from mistakes you make on the hill with power.. put kit on and leave it a lone is the best advice!
Isnt the fuel mixture set by silber? Or you talking about how much race gas to mix in?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
100% my experience with my 800.

the 850’s were never quite as consistent.

0-3000’ elevation though.

all installed and tuned by the same guy.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ya i would imagine you would want the least octane you can get away with, better response when out of boost?

Yeah response and peak rpm both are affected.
When the mixture is off your clutching becomes inconsistent. (Slow boost = overclutched through the rpm range) (fast boost can blow through your clutching and overev then start popping)
If your peak rpm is lower than 8200 or higher than 8600 your fuel mixture will be off at peak boost. (And it will boost to peak 5 psi at a max shift of 7600rpm but actually be running lean and have detonation)

it can feel “loaded up” like an old 2 stroke dirtbike.

when running right:
I think a N/A 850 twin sled feels a lot like a ktm 300 with a woods pipe ( a beast off the bottom but flat on top) and a turbo at 5 psi is a cr500 with a rev pipe. (Soft off the bottom but a beast mid through top if you gear it up) ?

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Yeah response and peak rpm both are affected.
When the mixture is off your clutching becomes inconsistent. (Slow boost = overclutched through the rpm range) (fast boost can blow through your clutching and overev then start popping)
If your peak rpm is lower than 8200 or higher than 8600 your fuel mixture will be off at peak boost. (And it will boost to peak 5 psi at a max shift of 7600rpm but actually be running lean and have detonation)

it can feel “loaded up” like an old 2 stroke dirtbike.

when running right:
I think a N/A 850 twin sled feels a lot like a ktm 300 with a woods pipe ( a beast off the bottom but flat on top) and a turbo at 5 psi is a cr500 with a rev pipe. (Soft off the bottom but a beast mid through top if you gear it up)
Am i wrong in thinking that if i only ran at 3 lbs i could gain some top but keep some of the bottom end?

Premium Features