• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Must Have's for Matryx Chasis

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Snowchecked a 155 pro matryx for my girlfriend for this winter. She's coming from a 146 850 summit and I'm on a Summit turbo, so no recent Polaris experience. We ride 3-7K elevation, interior AK with mostly dry and cold snow conditions.

What would you say are the top 3-5 MUST HAVE's for Polaris?? I'm talking added storage, spare parts (spark plugs obviously), OEM or aftermarket Add-ons, let me know your thoughts!

I've got riding experience around Polaris, one of my best buddies and the unofficial Mayor of Healy rides Poo, but I'd like to get some insight from all of you.

Thanks!
Colten

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
X2 on durapro ski rubbers.

I consider a tunnel bag very important to carry everything I don't want in my pack.

Spare drive and quick drive belts are nice to have in the group.

Muff pot, I do enjoy a hot lunch.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The Lock N Ride flex tunnel bags are trick. A good bag to keep any spare things with so backpack stays light makes riding a lot more fun especially for smaller riders. Otherwise. Plenty of gas oil and spare belt and enough time to go enjoy it!.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
She's gonna want handguards or gauntlets where you ride. X2 on storage, consider a bar bag, too. Burandt has a nice short list of tools to carry for the poo, compare to your doo list.

B
Sep 15, 2020
I ride all over AK and my shortlist is:
Tunnel bag
durapro ski rubbers
spare belts (clutch and quick drive with tools to change both)
tools for adjusting belt deflection and track tension (I keep more tools in the truck just in case)
Hot dogger and a tow rope for when your doo breaks down;)

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
X2 on durapro ski rubbers.

I consider a tunnel bag very important to carry everything I don't want in my pack.

Spare drive and quick drive belts are nice to have in the group.

Muff pot, I do enjoy a hot lunch.
I'll order durapro's and spare belts! Do you happen to have a specific bag in mind? I'm not privy to the polaris models, only used Linq accessories. Probably gonna pick up aftermarket can to drop the weight and add muff pot.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
The Lock N Ride flex tunnel bags are trick. A good bag to keep any spare things with so backpack stays light makes riding a lot more fun especially for smaller riders. Otherwise. Plenty of gas oil and spare belt and enough time to go enjoy it!.
She's gonna want handguards or gauntlets where you ride. X2 on storage, consider a bar bag, too. Burandt has a nice short list of tools to carry for the poo, compare to your doo list.

So I've only watched 1 or 2 quick videos on the new lock n ride system Polaris came up with for MY22 back in March, so I'm still pretty in the dark on it all. Do either of you or anyone for that matter have a recommendation for which bag? Don't need a full tunnel size bag, just one big enough to carry small tools, a day's worth of drinks/food, and extra base layers. The rest we pack on our backs or in my tunnel bag. I want to be able to fit a gas can on the tunnel with said tunnel bag.

Appreciate the help fellas!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So I've only watched 1 or 2 quick videos on the new lock n ride system Polaris came up with for MY22 back in March, so I'm still pretty in the dark on it all. Do either of you or anyone for that matter have a recommendation for which bag? Don't need a full tunnel size bag, just one big enough to carry small tools, a day's worth of drinks/food, and extra base layers. The rest we pack on our backs or in my tunnel bag. I want to be able to fit a gas can on the tunnel with said tunnel bag.

Appreciate the help fellas!
The fullsize burandt one takes up pretty much the ENTIRE tunnel on a slash 155. the small burandt ones are a nice size if your not packing much for spare parts or tons of spare goodies. comined with the new dash should be ample space for a 'normal' amount of extras. Also the new mounts work better then the old T slot style mounts. Those were pretty easy to snap the tabs off especially in the cold. The new mounting system is much simpler and more robust.

That would leave you extra space for a gas jug option.

Heres the picture of the small one on the 155 NON slash. So subtract 4" of room in the rear. but you could still fit a small jerry can (not sure how much spare you guys pack or use?)

2889258_alt1.jpg

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Durapro ski rubbers, and durapro mag tether (i know it comes with one, but the durapro is better). And cans drop some weight. Diamond s and slp are still pretty quiet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Two birds, one stone kinda deal, use the SLP cooker can. Very close to stock sound levels (on my Axys 850 at least) and has the platform for the cooker already built in, works a mint !

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Storage and a cooker or bag under the hood are a must for me. I use a pelican air 1485 case on the tunnel, and I use a polaris pro ride and next level goggle bag for under the hood.

20190822_150337.jpg

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
The fullsize burandt one takes up pretty much the ENTIRE tunnel on a slash 155. the small burandt ones are a nice size if your not packing much for spare parts or tons of spare goodies. comined with the new dash should be ample space for a 'normal' amount of extras. Also the new mounts work better then the old T slot style mounts. Those were pretty easy to snap the tabs off especially in the cold. The new mounting system is much simpler and more robust.

That would leave you extra space for a gas jug option.

Heres the picture of the small one on the 155 NON slash. So subtract 4" of room in the rear. but you could still fit a small jerry can (not sure how much spare you guys pack or use?)

2889258_alt1.jpg
Slick! Thanks WHM for the input, I'm gonna order one of these up. We usually take the Linq 3 gal and its enough to play for another hour or 2 and get back to the truck. Onto finding a gas caddy that'll fit the new tunnel also...

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Storage and a cooker or bag under the hood are a must for me. I use a pelican air 1485 case on the tunnel, and I use a polaris pro ride and next level goggle bag for under the hood.
Those bags inside for storage are sweet! I'll see if I can find em. I'm all about warm storage when you can find it.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Two birds, one stone kinda deal, use the SLP cooker can. Very close to stock sound levels (on my Axys 850 at least) and has the platform for the cooker already built in, works a mint !
I've had great luck with HPS, but who knows what'll even be in stock come October. Gonna have to start looking now just to get it by then, but definitely not opposed to SLP.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
RMK essentials bag is another option, fixed on the rear of the tank, non-flex on the Matryx RMK, but supposedly has a flex female adapter on the rear of the bag to allow another flex bag behind it (maybe like the small burandt). Rumor was poo to introduce with a flex gas can option. Possible that could be flexed on the rear of the essential bag, but all this is speculation. Best spot for a can is right behind the seat, if you like your tunnel straight. Poo, like AC, has always sucked at offering a fuel can option. Poo's accessories marketing is spotty, inconsistent, often lacking stuff like dimensions, meaningful vids with features, incorrect or missing compatibilities, craptastic installation guides, etc. For the cost of bags, we deserve a whole lot better.

Premium Features