• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is the Matryx so heavy?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I don't know what you're going on about, but it sounds like fun!

How is that EZ-ride? My Pro had it installed previously, but kid sold it to his buddy and put the stock back under it. I've been wondering if I should get plate water-jetted to reinforce the tunnel or try and find a used EZ-ride to put back in it.
My opinion.
Ez ride's are great for hill climbs and trail riding.
They suck for boondocking.

Sent it

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can someone tell me why the Matryx is heavier compared to Axys? I mean, they shaved off the tunnel and still we are seeing heavier weights.

2022 Axys PRO RMK 850 155": 415 lb (188 kg)
2022 Matryx PRO RMK 850 155": 428 lb (194 kg)
2022 Matryx Slash PRO RMK 850 155": 419 lb (190.1 kg)

2022 Axys Khaos 850 155": 415 lb (188 kg)
2022 Matryx Khaos 850 155": 433 lb (196 kg)
2022 Matryx Slash Khaos 850 155": 426 lb (193 kg)

:)
We'll it sure didn't feel heavier when I rode.
More centered mass made quite the impression, I must say.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Per poo, cooling system. They might say, you, too, as in front is seat is moved forward.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Per poo, cooling system. They might say, you, too, as in front is seat is moved forward.
I doubt you are much further forward, i dont think you could have gotten much farther forward on the axys chassis and i beleive all the clutches and shafts are in the same place.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
well the doo rides light too and it heavy
Agreed.

The Doo is 19 pounds heavier than the Poo, but if you add electric start to the Poo they're even with a Doo with SHOT.

Poo has gotta be looking into a lightweight starter system.

C
Nov 29, 2008
If front end / boards / skid are basically unchanged from 16-21 then body position is basically unchanged. Seat might be shorter but who rides sitting down with their ntz on the gas cap? I bet that if same body panels were on the axys vs matrix with equivalent shocks and valving most would be unable to tell the difference ...just like most blind taste tests....
Boost is obviously different case and no doubt base sled is being continuously refined which is great but some of the hype is simply that.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
If front end / boards / skid are basically unchanged from 16-21 then body position is basically unchanged. Seat might be shorter but who rides sitting down with their ntz on the gas cap? I bet that if same body panels were on the axys vs matrix with equivalent shocks and valving most would be unable to tell the difference ...just like most blind taste tests....
Boost is obviously different case and no doubt base sled is being continuously refined which is great but some of the hype is simply that.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Id bet that what most of what people notice are the cut tunnel, and narrow tank

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Something that doo has yet to figure out...... ?
Haha, True... sort of. They did know how, up until the arrival of the XP I think. So it's more like they forgot...

They might think that a crappy recoil will balance the crappy secondary on the other side of the sled. "Balanced uselessness" or something.
(and before any faithful Doo-fans rip my throat out, I currently have a Lynx 850 and have a Doo 600 on order so I know pretty much what I'm talking about)

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
What’s interesting, most of the 2022 parts are already listed. Except boost.
The NA 2022 ignition parts, as of last weeks posting, are identical to the MY2021.
Unless there is a 2022 running change, I’m not looking forward to an updated system right now. Maybe it’s a supplier issue. But ......

A follow-up to this post @TRS made – a little off thread topic, but it had me interested.

This parts listing for the RMK Matryx NA (which seems freshly published, I only found it this week) shows a new flywheel. I believe the previous flywheel has a 5 and a 2 tooth track of crank angle triggers. This new part has the description "FLYWHEEL-PBR,21T-3T" suggesting 21 and 3 tooth, and the diagram looks to agree. This would provide increased crank position resolution to the ECU.

Does this account for the added weight of the sled?.. not likely, but it's intriguing non the less.

2022_matryx_flywheel.png

Premium Features