• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris to Doo?

nilsmountain

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2008
Lemmenjoki,Finland
I'm going to try the Poo Matryx next winter. Have been on two Gen4s and while there's nothing wrong with a them, a lot is left to be desired in technical terrain with the Gen4 chasis. So I'm ready to try something different. Maybe I'll be back to Doo when the Gen5 returns!
After seven Summits i made the same decision. Newer get used to how gen4 handles on varying snow. Engine is top notch for sure. Next year Matryx Khaos.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You have to set the Doos up. Out of the box they are a POS. Suspension and skis. Once set up correctly they are much much closer to the Poo in technical stuff. And still easy to ride. With a reliable engine.

D
Dec 17, 2018
You have to set the Doos up. Out of the box they are a POS. Suspension and skis. Once set up correctly they are much much closer to the Poo in technical stuff. And still easy to ride. With a reliable engine.
How do you set up your doo?

I'm riding with alot of Polaris rider and naturally we end up in the nastiest sidehill/tree riding. I really enjoy the gen4 and can not get used to the feeling of the patriot motor/clutching.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Going to try a Khaos 155 Matrix Slash Boost for next season. Been riding a 2020 Summit Expert 165 and a 2017 Summit X 165 w/Boondocker Sidekick for the deep days. The Doos have worked great just looking to change things up and see what the Polaris Khaos Matrix Slash w/Boost will be like. The 2021 Khaos 155 we have in the fleet is a very precise back country tool that side hills better in tougher conditions than the Summits. Have already started counting the days until next season.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Going to try a Khaos 155 Matrix Slash Boost for next season. Been riding a 2020 Summit Expert 165 and a 2017 Summit X 165 w/Boondocker Sidekick for the deep days. The Doos have worked great just looking to change things up and see what the Polaris Khaos Matrix Slash w/Boost will be like. The 2021 Khaos 155 we have in the fleet is a very precise back country tool that side hills better in tougher conditions than the Summits. Have already started counting the days until next season.
I couldn’t see paying 4 grand more for a closely set up Polaris compared Doo Expert turbo. Maybe next time around I will look at them both again.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
The Polaris Boost is a pretty amazing sled, and if I had the money to burn, I'd probably have ordered one. If I were in a position to upgrade, I'd have a hard time deciding unless keeping the current sled was practical. There will always be a few lemons (was just talking with a guy who picked up a holdover '20 Summit last year that had to go back to the dealer several times), but it does seem Polaris has a weaker batting average on 1.0 products (see 850 motor, series 8 track). Not that I expect the Matryx Boost to be a time bomb, but the potential for lost riding time has to be a consideration. That said, most Poos are pretty good sleds out of the box these days – not nearly as many time bombs as there used to be – and I'd love to get some time on a Slash Boost next season. If the '22s hold up well, a '23 might end up on my shopping list. Although by then, the Rev5 might be a reality... Not going to worry about that for now though!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'll be looking forward to your review and comparison to the Doo.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
After seven Summits i made the same decision. Newer get used to how gen4 handles on varying snow. Engine is top notch for sure. Next year Matryx Khaos.
I am going Matryx Pro 165 2.75 N/A. From what I gathered the Khaos is a little too playful for the riding we do, and I want a sled that's more directional than nimble.

Am bummed to move away from boost but believe for 90% of my riding a N/A matryx is going to be plenty. The doo turbo was FAR better than the N/A gen4, but still not at the level of axys on side hills. Mostly ready to try something new, and may come back to Doo depending on how things go.

All the sleds are good these days. We are spoiled to have multiple choices.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I’ve owned them all. Always end up back on a doo, maybe I’ll learn my lesson and just stick with doo one of these years but I like trying them all. Doo’s are built to last and can’t beat their power plant. I have a 22 turbo expert on order, just finished my season on a 21 Khaos. All I can say is good luck to anyone who ordered a matryx boost, I’ve owned 2 850 Axys and Polaris can’t get the fuelling spot on with those so expecting there will be issues with their new turbo. The Axys chassis is better but not enough to keep me on one for next year.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I’ve owned them all. Always end up back on a doo, maybe I’ll learn my lesson and just stick with doo one of these years but I like trying them all. Doo’s are built to last and can’t beat their power plant. I have a 22 turbo expert on order, just finished my season on a 21 Khaos. All I can say is good luck to anyone who ordered a matryx boost, I’ve owned 2 850 Axys and Polaris can’t get the fuelling spot on with those so expecting there will be issues with their new turbo. The Axys chassis is better but not enough to keep me on one for next year.
What did you like about the Axys chassis?

I just deleted t-motion and added c-motion to lock out the skid. Hoping for more stability.

Last edited:

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I’m only doing a few mods. to my 22 Expert turbo. First thing is a clutch kit, and post forward kit. They are both on order. Making a list of parts for the dealer which will include the new front soft glove box, and the parts to add C motion. I will also add my finger throttle that I used last winter, and was very happy with.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
What did you like about the Axys chassis?

I just deleted t-motion and added c-motion to lock out the skid. Hoping for more stability.
Narrow and predictable. Once you are on edge with an Axys it takes minimal effort to keep it there while responding to any input you give it. There is minimal feedback through the bars, which is the doos biggest flaw. Can’t beat it in technical terrain. I will be running Mohawk skis, zrp raised spindles, and full suspension with t-motion delete (either raptor or toms). From the feed back I’ve read these mods will make the doo closer to an Axys and calm the bar feed back.

Premium Features