• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy sled lift

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
There was once a commercial device based on the same theory. Had a Y with hooks on the the two points and a length on the single center point. Even though it hooked at two points, it was the same cross rod, but the old tracks were steel and thicker rubber.. This was also before reverse was common, so you started with the hooks on top of the track, tied the free end to a tree or other anchor, and pulled yourself out. It would also work going forward according to literature, hooking to bottom of track.

Never owned one but gave serious thought to building my own. Never did. Bought a SkiDoo instead.;)
Your probably right your Ski-doo track would probably fail under the weight. :sneaky:

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Well, the magic of the SkiDoo is that I don't need the winch like I did when I rode poo. Lately, the only time I've had to get the bungie or shovel out has been rescuing others.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Well, the magic of the SkiDoo is that I don't need the winch like I did when I rode poo. Lately, the only time I've had to get the bungie or shovel out has been rescuing others.
You must be joking? The Doo's are notorious for getting high centered on the running boards and bulkhead. When the snow has a crust that heavier sleds break through Doo's in our group are boat anchors. The winching I am talking about is not from being stuck in snow, it is more about being down in a tree well.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Actually, I thought I ended the post with an emoji, trying to keep it light. ( I guess emoji are not my thing. ) But now that you've described your area's riding conditions, l am glad I don't encounter them. At the same time, if there was something to change on the G4, it would be to some more ground clearance and shallower track approach angle. Nonetheless, I get stuck much less than I used to. I don't claim to have learned to ride in 55 years on sleds. Its the sled.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Actually, I thought I ended the post with an emoji, trying to keep it light. ( I guess emoji are not my thing. ) But now that you've described your area's riding conditions, l am glad I don't encounter them. At the same time, if there was something to change on the G4, it would be to some more ground clearance and shallower track approach angle. Nonetheless, I get stuck much less than I used to. I don't claim to have learned to ride in 55 years on sleds. Its the sled.
I agree the sleds are all much better these days. All brands.

Premium Features