• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice on a expert or X

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
I am looking for some advice on what to get for my next sled. I came off of a 2020 expert silber 5 lb and a 2018 x before that and a 17 X MPI before that all 165 3”. I really like the gen 4 setup and like the expert but I am torn because of the color of the 22s. Blue is kind of my thing and I like the blue and orange combo. My question is: is the expert setup that much different from the X? Would I be better off getting an X and adding the expert things to it.
( adjustable limiter strap, short riser, hand guards, rear track shock, res guard) I think that’s all the differences. thoughts are welcome.

R
Nov 16, 2016
This may not be of much help.
I'm an older person (early 70s), so I don't ride like you young guys do.

This has been my first season on my new X.
Other than adding an exhaust can, I've done no mods to it.
So far, I am enjoying it.

As for the color scheme....... with an early order are they not willing to give you the color of your choice?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I also went for the Turbo Expert.

WRAPS are the solution to your concerns!
You want BLUE, then GO FOR IT.
Wrap that sucker in EXACTLY what your heart desires.

Lord knows, BRP has NEVER been known for its "KILLER COLORS" on sleds.

wideopenbeau

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2009
Milky Way.
Thanks guys. I know me and I won’t get around to doing a wrap. I think the 3x black is the way to go and add the colors I want with a skid plate and bumpers. Every once and a while BRP gets the color right but not this time for me anyway.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks guys. I know me and I won’t get around to doing a wrap. I think the 3x black is the way to go and add the colors I want with a skid plate and bumpers. Every once and a while BRP gets the color right but not this time for me anyway.
They get the colors right maybe once every three or four years. They should offer at least four color options if you spring order.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
They get the colors right maybe once every three or four years. They should offer at least four color options if you spring order.
Lol, they NEVER get the colors right, but they grow on you once you get the sled. I hate the colors when I check, by the time they are in the garage I love them.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Had an X, riding an Expert this year....Expert shocks are way BETTER!
Second that, Expert shocks last and this year were SO much better than X. Maybe they fixed the valving in the X models? Haven't had one for two years. I am worried about the Expert shocks next year being the old black X style, hope they don't go backwards.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I went X. Got pretty much everything you've mentioned added on after the fact but biggest choice for me was I have fox shocks from my previous 2017 sled that I put on.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Yup, add some aftermarket bumpers, skid plate, possible handle bars, ski loops in the color you like and make it your own.

Premium Features