• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possibility of patriot Boost kit??

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Don’t know if this is realistic or not but what do you think chances of Polaris ever having a “Kit” to update your MATRYX to a boost? Given the fact that A couple of hillclimb racers are running them on an Axys just got me thinking. And the fact that plenty of people would buy them if they weren’t one of the lucky ones to get a boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Don’t know if this is realistic or not but what do you think chances of Polaris ever having a “Kit” to update your MATRYX to a boost? Given the fact that A couple of hillclimb racers are running them on an Axys just got me thinking. And the fact that plenty of people would buy them if they weren’t one of the lucky ones to get a boost.

Nope, same as the doo turbo. It would not be worth it, at all. Too many things to change. Easier to put a aftermarket kit on.

My hunch is those axys sleds with the turbo are test sleds.

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
I don't see these ever being a kit, too many parts to change out. Would be cheaper to sell your current sled and buy a new one rather than buying the kit.

As for the hillclimb racers, those are more than likely test engines, and since the matryx is basically just a new tunnel and plastics, no reason the setup won't fit in an axys chassis.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I don't see these ever being a kit, too many parts to change out. Would be cheaper to sell your current sled and buy a new one rather than buying the kit.

As for the hillclimb racers, those are more than likely test engines, and since the matryx is basically just a new tunnel and plastics, no reason the setup won't fit in an axys chassis.

Yeah you’re probably right- just wishful thinking I guess !

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'd wait on a "kit" to see how the boosted sleds hold up. Would be nice to see if the bogging, plug fouling and hard starting issues are completely resolved on the 2022s first.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I would think it's been kicked around. I get hints of it watching polaris's new YouTube channel videos as well as listening to their Spotify podcasts.

However it would be very expensive... one could I'm sure do it yourself if your handy with a parts finche and have a dealer helping out. Have fun though lol
ba0aafad69fb2b1c7a51144ad791b01b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I would think it's been kicked around. I get hints of it watching polaris's new YouTube channel videos as well as listening to their Spotify podcasts.

However it would be very expensive... one could I'm sure do it yourself if your handy with a parts finche and have a dealer helping out. Have fun though lol
ba0aafad69fb2b1c7a51144ad791b01b.jpg

Sorry to go way off topic here, but thats an East Coast Lifestyle shirt there!! Your profile says you are in Montana though!?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Sorry to go way off topic here, but thats an East Coast Lifestyle shirt there!! Your profile says you are in Montana though!?
Those are screens shots I stole off a YouTubes! I have been working on a central mass multistage cooler for my own mod sleds/ possibly to market some day- all season. Longer in reality! Polaris pretty much built the boost just so I don't have to lol

I can most assure you, I do live in Montana my friend.
62c6aad39d8a9923edb9f080a2802919.jpg
18eddac65680fe79aa8bf87ea9722534.jpg

O
Redline aftermarket kit I seen a few weeks back was pretty clean and ran strong on ranboomerch shop\..

Everyone has their own reason to be patriotic. I am patriotic for the same reason I love my wife & family, the place I come from, my religion, my language, my university, my profession etc. They are all a part of my identity and I'm comfortable with my identity. Identity is important to me, because I don't want to be a part of a big shapeless blob that is the world.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'd wait on a "kit" to see how the boosted sleds hold up. Would be nice to see if the bogging, plug fouling and hard starting issues are completely resolved on the 2022s first.
No issues with plug fouling, bogging or hard starts on the n/a rental i rode Saturday.

.5 miles when I picked it up.
41.5 miles on it when dropped off.

Burned 5/8 tank of fuel.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
No issues with plug fouling, bogging or hard starts on the n/a rental i rode Saturday.

.5 miles when I picked it up.
41.5 miles on it when dropped off.

Burned 5/8 tank of fuel.
What was the rental?

Premium Features