• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matrix can

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Anyone know if Axys cans will fit a Matryx? I’m guessing no.
I wouldn’t even put one on except for the weight savings and a muff pot!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I’d say on the non turbo there is a high possibility since the engine and the bulkhead are the same as the axys. Just different plastics (hood, side panels and nose cone).

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I’d say on the non turbo there is a high possibility since the engine and the bulkhead are the same as the axys. Just different plastics (hood, side panels and nose cone).
Can anyone confirm?

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Has anyone tried a HSP can. I normally run SLP. Any plus or negative.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
It's going to be lots of work for the aftermarket to make a can for the turbo, I'd be surprised if they even make one that keeps stock hp. And probably double the price they are now.

D
Dec 15, 2020
I do as well! I got the extended warranty though. Is Polaris as strict as Skidoo when it comes to running an aftermarket can?
Nope.. My dealer said it don't matter. But in last 30 years of riding I've ALWAYS switch\ed it back to stock if I needed any service. Just in case..

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Nope.. My dealer said it don't matter. But in last 30 years of riding I've ALWAYS switch\ed it back to stock if I needed any service. Just in case..
I'd have to disagree that Polaris is ok with aftermarket cans on sleds. Polaris full-on denied me on my warranty claim. Lost a piston ring at 3,800 miles on my 2019 850. Took out the head, piston, cylinder. Unfortunately, my dealer took photos of my sled with the SLP can on the sled and submitted the photos with the claim, and Polaris told me I voided my warranty by putting the can on. Just a little upset that the dealer took photos with the can sitting there. We all know the can, which was on the sled from day one, had absolutely nothing to do with the ring failing at 3,800 miles. You can guess how disappointed I was with Polaris. Not done with Polaris yet. Talking to my attorney about options.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'd have to disagree that Polaris is ok with aftermarket cans on sleds. Polaris full-on denied me on my warranty claim. Lost a piston ring at 3,800 miles on my 2019 850. Took out the head, piston, cylinder. Unfortunately, my dealer took photos of my sled with the SLP can on the sled and submitted the photos with the claim, and Polaris told me I voided my warranty by putting the can on. Just a little upset that the dealer took photos with the can sitting there. We all know the can, which was on the sled from day one, had absolutely nothing to do with the ring failing at 3,800 miles. You can guess how disappointed I was with Polaris. Not done with Polaris yet. Talking to my attorney about options.

Spilled milk dude.

Best case is the dealer helps you out with parts at cost and cheap labor.

Your problem came from the dealer not polaris.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo was selling SLP cans as a genuine accessory for the 800 not long ago. Maybe a good fact for your attorney. I'd be letting SLP know about this, too. Here and directly to them. They might be able to fill you in on the poo accessories catalog status. Poo can definitely be weiners, but, I'd make SURE I'm not getting jobbed by the dealer, too.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Poo was selling SLP cans as a genuine accessory for the 800 not long ago. Maybe a good fact for your attorney. I'd be letting SLP know about this, too. Here and directly to them. They might be able to fill you in on the poo accessories catalog status. Poo can definitely be weiners, but, I'd make SURE I'm not getting jobbed by the dealer, too.
Especially on a 2019 850, which had known issues.

~4k mi isn't unreasonable for a new top end, but it's BS that your warranty got declined due to a can.

So speaking of that OT, which cans are leading the charge for lightweight, maintaining OEM back pressure, and quiet for the Matryx I'm psyched for?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'd put the diamond s on my wife's matryx if it fit. The boost will get left alone. I might need a loud can so i can't hear my wife. She is not happy that i let my buddy have her boost since he couldn't get one. I told him he should explain it to her.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Has anyone tried a HSP can. I normally run SLP. Any plus or negative.

I put an HPS on my 17 axys, then sled bogged in deep snow. I reached out to HPS, they said I needed to either drop or add weight in my clutch; they told me which one I can't remember what it was, I'm a pull and go guy! I asked them why this was not disclosed before purchase of can, they said some sleds need to, some don't.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I put an HPS on my 17 axys, then sled bogged in deep snow. I reached out to HPS, they said I needed to either drop or add weight in my clutch; they told me which one I can't remember what it was, I'm a pull and go guy! I asked them why this was not disclosed before purchase of can, they said some sleds need to, some don't.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll stick with old reliable slp

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
for as long as i can remember the dealer has to submit a picture of the exhaust and intake system to polaris with an engine warranty claim. so yes they are sticky with cans. best thing to do is just put the stock one back on before taking it into the dealer. makes everyones lives so much easier and saves a headache. i mean it literaly says in the warranty section of your owners manual that the warranty will be void.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
I do as well! I got the extended warranty though. Is Polaris as strict as Skidoo when it comes to running an aftermarket can?
I snow checked the matrix boost too. Got any details on the extended warranty you mention for your '22 boost?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

If you speak with an attorney, they should look at the warranty for your sled. The warranty for your sled is detailed in your owner's manual and contains disclaimers.

Below is an excerpt of a warranty dislcaimer from the Polaris warranty for your sled. I found it online at Polaris's website. It is printed exactly as it appears on page 154 in your sled's manual. The disclaimer is printed in the manual in all caps:

"THIS WARRANTY MAY BE VOIDED BY ANY UNAPPROVED MODIFICATIONS TO THIS VEHICLE THAT AFFECT POWERTRAIN, EXHAUST, CHASSIS OR SUSPENSION."

Based on the disclaimer, the buyer is on notice that certain modifications could result in a denial of warranty coverage since Polaris has the discretion to deny a warranty claim for a sled with "any unapproved modifications." Depending on where you bought your sled, that state may have other laws (the Uniform Commercial Code or Consumer Protection Laws) that affect warranty claims. That's something your attorney will have to look for.

I doubt most people actually read their warranty.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Premium Features