• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is the Matryx so heavy?

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Can someone tell me why the Matryx is heavier compared to Axys? I mean, they shaved off the tunnel and still we are seeing heavier weights.

2022 Axys PRO RMK 850 155": 415 lb (188 kg)
2022 Matryx PRO RMK 850 155": 428 lb (194 kg)
2022 Matryx Slash PRO RMK 850 155": 419 lb (190.1 kg)

2022 Axys Khaos 850 155": 415 lb (188 kg)
2022 Matryx Khaos 850 155": 433 lb (196 kg)
2022 Matryx Slash Khaos 850 155": 426 lb (193 kg)

:)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Overall better fit and finish IMO.

Little better mounting on lots of the panels, parts under the hood etc. Its definately a trade off, the super simple ways of the Axys were light but also were the reason the hoods prety much never fit right if you jump and hit your knees on the panels.
Also the new cooler, although shorter is a tiny bit heavier I believe due to the internal/external fins.

The counter argument is the mass is all more centralized so effort to ride is really a wash. I can confirm it definately felt lighter and more agile then all my axys sleds im used to when riding.

T
Nov 11, 2008
The cooler being designed differently now possibly adds weight. I noticed the trail sleds from equal models last year got heavier so I expected it for the mountain sleds. Several models have gone away from carbon over structure and parts to steel/aluminum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N
Jan 24, 2016
Northern Norway
Overall better fit and finish IMO.

Little better mounting on lots of the panels, parts under the hood etc. Its definately a trade off, the super simple ways of the Axys were light but also were the reason the hoods prety much never fit right if you jump and hit your knees on the panels.
Also the new cooler, although shorter is a tiny bit heavier I believe due to the internal/external fins.

The counter argument is the mass is all more centralized so effort to ride is really a wash. I can confirm it definately felt lighter and more agile then all my axys sleds im used to when riding.
Thanks!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I'm sorry did it get heavier than it's competition? A guy could take a 2010 dragon and make it perform with what's on the market pretty easy. Maybe not beat a brand new cat but keep up. This thing(boost) is wild. I'm sure there is more "shock and awe" awaiting. There is a lot that could be done for the rear and I imagine that's why flat landers got a cold sholder this season. Could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rush coming back in New form soon!

Side note. If anyone wants to purchase a 600 or 800 "profected pro" pm me. Building 3 to sell for this upcoming season. Cause merica. And one will be twin pipes na.
98202bb3813290ead005c560ef3f989e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
Would like to see the RTR weights between the Axys RMK 155 and Matryx RMK 155 (none slash N/A). Nice to see someone with the means to weigh them on the mountain with snow buildup during riding toped of with fuel/oil. Also temps of each on the same early morning trail ride to the goods. I for one would forget about the extra weight if it weighed less while riding. (I know the tank holds half a gallon less fuel so 4ish pounds just in that)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
One thing I noticed when I went and looked at the new matryx slash was how the tunnel is way more solid at the back it reminded me of my cat, thicker and was not flimsy like on the axys chassis.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
One thing I noticed when I went and looked at the new matryx slash was how the tunnel is way more solid at the back it reminded me of my cat, thicker and was not flimsy like on the axys chassis.

This is hilarious.

Cat’s are famous for ripping the whole rear tunnel off.

I don’t think that’s much of an endorsement. ??

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I dont get why u think the cat tunnel is filmsy have u seen the axys tunnel, I have a 18 cat and never had issue with tunnel bending and I carry a tunnel bag and fuel caddy on back, and have rolled it muitple times lol

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
if your ever at a polaris dealer compare the new to the old and I think youll be surprized

I know exactly how different old polaris is to new.

And I’ve been around 5 folded cats from wheelie bends of that paper mache tunnel extension.

The old polaris tunnel is much stronger than the cat tunnel. (Stock vs stock)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I dont get why u think the cat tunnel is filmsy have u seen the axys tunnel, I have a 18 cat and never had issue with tunnel bending and I carry a tunnel bag and fuel caddy on back, and have rolled it muitple times lol
I have both in the garage, cat is much weaker and flimsy compared to the Axys.
That said, i prefer the cat tunnel. Its light, easy and cheap to replace also tipped up and short.
My 156 Khaos overall length(ski tip to rear bumper) is 2in longer than my 165 Alpha(1in with elevate spindles).

Sent it

Premium Features