• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Matrix Slash Is unreal

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Got to ride the 2022 Khaos Matrix Slash boost and a 165 Matrix Slash Pro RMK NA. Three of us had checked 165 Pro’s with boost. We are all second guessing the decision whether to change to Khaos Boost. The boost feels like NA on the bottom and comparable to 5lbs at 6k with linear power all the way to the top. And is nothing like the radical Axys Khaos 155’s.

The difference in the new chassis is like going from Dragon to Pro-RMK. It’s unreal. No cool video but the boost was running pump gas and runnability was perfect.

Attachments

• 9B23D417-D686-4DA4-8FFB-EEC6EB1E6C80.jpeg
    9B23D417-D686-4DA4-8FFB-EEC6EB1E6C80.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 335
  • 0A9342C0-F9F2-4B04-B891-F2ECFC25B553.jpeg
    0A9342C0-F9F2-4B04-B891-F2ECFC25B553.jpeg
    890.8 KB · Views: 333
  • C1F81756-B11F-4BEC-B9C1-56704FCF93C0.jpeg
    C1F81756-B11F-4BEC-B9C1-56704FCF93C0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 333
D
Dec 15, 2020
Got to ride the 2022 Khaos Matrix Slash boost and a 165 Matrix Slash Pro RMK NA. Three of us had checked 165 Pro’s with boost. We are all second guessing the decision whether to change to Khaos Boost. The boost feels like NA on the bottom and comparable to 5lbs at 6k with linear power all the way to the top. And is nothing like the radical Axys Khaos 155’s.

The difference in the new chassis is like going from Dragon to Pro-RMK. It’s unreal. No cool video but the boost was running pump gas and runnability was perfect.
I'm also second guessing getting the 165 Pro Boost. I really wanted a 155 track but the Khaos from what i've been seen will most likely wheelie to much is this not the case? I won't be high marking very much but playing in trees and doing some climbs but nothing crazy. I'm pretty sure I can change my order still so what do you guys think stick with Pro or jump on the Khaos? on a side note i'm no pro rider but want playful but still useful to ride without getting myself in trouble allot. lol

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'm also second guessing getting the 165 Pro Boost. I really wanted a 155 track but the Khaos from what i've been seen will most likely wheelie to much is this not the case? I won't be high marking very much but playing in trees and doing some climbs but nothing crazy. I'm pretty sure I can change my order still so what do you guys think stick with Pro or jump on the Khaos? on a side note i'm no pro rider but want playful but still useful to ride without getting myself in trouble allot. lol

Even with boost, the new Khaos 155 Matrix chassis felt much more controllable than the 20-21 Khaos 155. You can make it party if you want but you can keep it under control (even with boost) much easier than the current Axys Khaos 155’s. What makes it so much better is the tunnel and the narrower panels. It’s almost impossible to panel or wash out. On the other hand, if the skis are to high, just a tad of brake or small body adjustment and the front end will come down and the sled will lift and keep shredding.

And there are suspension tricks (Pro RMK limiter) and upgrades (Carl’s velocity revalve) to get the current Khaos 155 tamed down that I am sure will make it closer to Pro RMK if you prefer. That middle range of handling between the two chassis is money.

I think converting the 155 to a 165 the Khaos with boost will be the cats meow next season.

Power and response on the NA 850 163 Pro felt better to me than 19-21 850’s. But the most noticeable is the major improvement in handling. And foot hoops you can use. It is like Dragon chassis to Pro RMK in 2011. It really is that much better. After riding those sleds it was hard to get back on a tricked out and dialed Axys yesterday.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Brett makes it look easier than it is but it is way more manageable than i thought it would be. 165 will shine in deep snow. I also thought 155 boost would be too chaotic. Actually wouldn't mind changing. Deep snow they won't be as forgiving as it looks like on the video.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It's a time of the year thing too...the base is just more setup this time of year, and makes the shorter sleds way more fun, because you just don't need the extra traction/float of the longer tracks. Also, the obstacles have been coverage, and you can focus more on playing around, and less on getting where you're going without hitting stuff.

EG....I had a (current model) 155 Khaos on a trail breaking deep snow mission, in challenging terrain, in early January....was kinda hating life and praying for 163 Pro all day (or 163 Khaos). Had the same 155 out a couple weeks ago in some nice late Feb snow for more of a "play around" ride, and wouldn't have traded it for anything. Had a 163 Pro along and he wasn't having nearly as much fun. For whatever that's worth

D
Dec 15, 2020
It's a time of the year thing too...the base is just more setup this time of year, and makes the shorter sleds way more fun, because you just don't need the extra traction/float of the longer tracks. Also, the obstacles have been coverage, and you can focus more on playing around, and less on getting where you're going without hitting stuff.

EG....I had a (current model) 155 Khaos on a trail breaking deep snow mission, in challenging terrain, in early January....was kinda hating life and praying for 163 Pro all day (or 163 Khaos). Had the same 155 out a couple weeks ago in some nice late Feb snow for more of a "play around" ride, and wouldn't have traded it for anything. Had a 163 Pro along and he wasn't having nearly as much fun. For whatever that's worth
So if I buy the Khaos and change the limiter strap to pro I'll have a 155 boost sled that is playful and still ready for the steep and deep for the most part.(trees,climbing,powder,ect.). Is this your thoughts? or Do I keep the 165 Pro Boost and change to Khaos 165 rails when they come out and if I do will the fun factor and control be that much better than a true 155 Khaos?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The suspension is all the same. Same front end and same rear skid geometry. So when I see someone say how much better it handles, I think of all those guys who have turbos that run perfect and are pull and go. Your opinion is valued about as much as my old lady's... and she's never left the trail ?

F
Aug 18, 2013
The suspension is all the same. Same front end and same rear skid geometry. So when I see someone say how much better it handles, I think of all those guys who have turbos that run perfect and are pull and go. Your opinion is valued about as much as my old lady's... and she's never left the trail ?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. This review is completely backwards to all of the other reviews out there. Everyone is saying the pro slash is as playful as last year’s kaos due to the shortened tunnel and better side panels. ???

N
Aug 26, 2018
I was thinking the boosted 155 khaos slash would be too wild so I went pro rmk 165 boost slash. Happy to hear the 155 is quite controllable.

My thoughts behind my snowcheck were that I could throw the 165 iceage chaos conversion rails under it if it wasnt playful enough for what I prefer. ( I did this with my 2019 pro rmk 155, chaos conversion rails with fox float qs3's and its actually now more fun and controllable than a stock khaos )

D
Dec 15, 2020
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. This review is completely backwards to all of the other reviews out there. Everyone is saying the pro slash is as playful as last year’s kaos due to the shortened tunnel and better side panels. ???
Same as the Axys? and if your referring to anyone posting Im thinking we all run hard in the tall woods.. Why be so negative? sorry you don't have a Turbo but be a stand up poster not someone without good info for the readers.. Please explain your reasoning?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

Have you previously rode a axys chopped tunnel, and narrow seat and tank? With a good shock valve????

With all things that match the Axys. Find it hard to believe it’s dragon to pro unless you are comparing stock to stock.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I am now so confused. Love my 2020 850 khaos 155. favorite sled, and I had a 2019 800 163 pro with sidekick turbo. different sleds, but I am trying to stay away from the steep stuff and enjoying the trees and meadows!. With first reviews, I ordered the 165 rmk boost slash, as I don't want a sled that wheelies more than my current khaos. But I do want a sled that is similar to my current 2020 khaos in playfulness. Do I switch my order???

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
So if I buy the Khaos and change the limiter strap to pro I'll have a 155 boost sled that is playful and still ready for the steep and deep for the most part.(trees,climbing,powder,ect.). Is this your thoughts? or Do I keep the 165 Pro Boost and change to Khaos 165 rails when they come out and if I do will the fun factor and control be that much better than a true 155 Khaos?
I think the question is more do you want a long track or a 155 and leave the Khaos/Pro part out of it. If you’re more an adventure style, deep snow rider ...and don’t care much about re-entries, and that kind of goofing around...then you’re probably a 163 kinda guy. If you’re a big/heavy dude, you’re probably at home on a 163. If you value goofing around over breaking trail, and want to do all the new age moves...probably a 155 guy.

And if you’re a talented/aggressive and/or lightweight rider, you can get away with more on a 155” than others on a 163. I think if you get the track length choice right, then tinkering with the skid and suspension to make it more this or that is easy enough.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Same as the Axys? and if your referring to anyone posting Im thinking we all run hard in the tall woods.. Why be so negative? sorry you don't have a Turbo but be a stand up poster not someone without good info for the readers.. Please explain your reasoning?
I don't have a turbo? I have 2 Matryx sleds snow checked. 155 Pro Slash and 165 Pro Boost. I could have tested them if I wanted to but I don't care. I'll try them when my 2 show up in the fall. I was just pointing out the fact I think a lot of "reviews" are ridiculous. Forums are for posting opinions.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Have you previously rode a axys chopped tunnel, and narrow seat and tank? With a good shock valve????

With all things that match the Axys. Find it hard to believe it’s dragon to pro unless you are comparing stock to stock.
Why wouldn't you compare stock to stock? Most people leave their sleds fairly stock.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't have a turbo? I have 2 Matryx sleds snow checked. 155 Pro Slash and 165 Pro Boost. I could have tested them if I wanted to but I don't care. I'll try them when my 2 show up in the fall. I was just pointing out the fact I think a lot of "reviews" are ridiculous. Forums are for posting opinions.
I went the opposite. I have a 155 kaos slash boost and a 165 kaos slash. I also have a hard time believing dragon to pro with same front and rear suspension. My guess is a narrower, easier riding axys which is a win. Hope they are right but the pro was completely different than a dragon.

Premium Features