• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all the people that have test ridden a boost!! FUEL...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I feel like the crickets allude to the smell of lead in the morning.

So basically with zero input you just project whatever is in your brain onto polaris?

You “feel”???

Maybe wait for some actual information?

The video vohk made indicated ethanol could be used in the turbo.........

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Brand sensitive bunch. I ride Polaris and have a boost coming. Wouldn’t you put in a bit of 100ll on a fleet of prototype boost sleds for test ride day? I would if I designed the 850..... ;)

G
Dec 20, 2007
Brand sensitive bunch. I ride Polaris and have a boost coming. Wouldn’t you put in a bit of 100ll on a fleet of prototype boost sleds for test ride day? I would if I designed the 850..... ;)
Yes/no depending on the tune. I think that the pipe waste gate is the key to being able to tune effectively with pump gas, as you can control so many dynamics of the internal workings of a 2 stroke with it. Don’t get me wrong, I get low octane and det, but this thing is a whole diff beast with that second waste gate.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone else notice some of the Boost sleds sound like they are hitting a rev limiter every time they are held wide open?

Last edited:

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
Anyone else notice some of the Boost sleds sound like they are hitting a rev limited everytime they are held wide open?
Turcotte had this happen in his latest video and mentioned that they fixed it for his next one. I'm guessing Polaris is still tweaking the clutching and having guys try out various set ups, some obviously are revving way too high. I believe Burandt captured 8800rpm in one of his videos

Feb 14, 2010
What about the 2 years or so of testing ? me thinks it`s BS. Rep told me they are bringing out another tune, So clutching off, tune off, and it `s being out there testing for a few years ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Anyone else notice some of the Boost sleds sound like they are hitting a rev limited everytime they are held wide open?
SO, what your hearing isn't the rev limiter, its the wastegate cycling to control boost/power levels so the sled sort of flutters. It doesnt hurt how they run at all. The engineering staff on site when we were riding did mention they were working on the correction tables to smooth it out as it does sound a bit funky. All the test sleds we rode did it in one capcity or another for a moment when you would fully stuff the track and load it down then it smoothed out and was dead steady climbing. Also, all the sled we were riding pulled 83-8400 pretty consistently across the board. I've rode a LOT of different turbo mod sleds from all the major supliers and can assure guys this sled is already leagues ahead of that.

This fluttering sound is especially noticeable since the exhaust has a 'divorced downpipe' within the can the lack of mixing makes the 2 seperate exhaust notes very obvious when the one is cycling vs all meshing through one exhaust path.

Oh yeah, and if guys are worried maybe the boost isn't going to be as good as everyone says, im sure about 100 people would be glad to take over your snowcheck for you! lol

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
SO, what your hearing isn't the rev limiter, its the wastegate cycling to control boost/power levels so the sled sort of flutters. It doesnt hurt how they run at all. The engineering staff on site when we were riding did mention they were working on the correction tables to smooth it out as it does sound a bit funky. All the test sleds we rode did it in one capcity or another for a moment when you would fully stuff the track and load it down then it smoothed out and was dead steady climbing. Also, all the sled we were riding pulled 83-8400 pretty consistently across the board. I've rode a LOT of different turbo mod sleds from all the major supliers and can assure guys this sled is already leagues ahead of that.

This fluttering sound is especially noticeable since the exhaust has a 'divorced downpipe' within the can the lack of mixing makes the 2 seperate exhaust notes very obvious when the one is cycling vs all meshing through one exhaust path.

Oh yeah, and if guys are worried maybe the boost isn't going to be as good as everyone says, im sure about 100 people would be glad to take over your snowcheck for you! lol
Interesting. I know Matt Entz in particular had some videos where it was making those noises, but it looked like it was still running perfectly. Thanks for the clarification.

Feb 14, 2010
well if they had been testing this turbo sled for a couple of years like they said, it would have been dialed in by now. seems like they are doing the testing now.

Premium Features