• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3 power/response settings/modes?

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Been looking for some more info on the 3 power settings available to adjust between on these sleds. Talks about better throttle response and more power in some modes wondering if anyone has any solid info or real world riding feedback on the separate settings if it limits boost or rpm. Is there a fuel octane requirement difference in different modes? It’s advertised as pump gas but hopefully someone has some good intel. I snow checked and 165 boost and really stoked and trying to find as much info as I can. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Been looking for some more info on the 3 power settings available to adjust between on these sleds. Talks about better throttle response and more power in some modes wondering if anyone has any solid info or real world riding feedback on the separate settings if it limits boost or rpm. Is there a fuel octane requirement difference in different modes? It’s advertised as pump gas but hopefully someone has some good intel. I snow checked and 165 boost and really stoked and trying to find as much info as I can. TIA

Do you have any video or literature you are referring to?

I have not seen anything on different power “modes”

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Do you have any video or literature you are referring to?

I have not seen anything on different power “modes”

Ya in the latest snowest magazine it talks about it just a bit and on the gram there’s been a couple comments.

Last edited:

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
6511f8147f5f6c007fc18dcaff1f5c88.jpg

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I'm curious too how the modes work since it's a mechanical throttle it can't be like on motorcycles were they just cut the throttle input to a certain point in various driving modes

U
Nov 29, 2007
3 different maps would be my guess. most modern day 4 stroke dirt bikes have adjustable map switches on the handle bars. On the new yamaha's there is a switch for two maps that you can switch while riding, you can also connect your i phone to your bike to adjust fuel and timing.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
There was three modes on the one a guy I talked to who rode one two weeks ago in revy. So something must of changed.

Feb 14, 2010
they had the sleds at the dealer yesterday, there are no different modes on the 2022 model.
they may have been doing some testing, I am sure the REP would know. why don`t Polaris advertise that it has 3 modes ? it was only Snowest that did, Polaris has never said it has 3 modes.

Premium Features