• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gripe against Skinz and their terrible supply lines

T
Oct 16, 2019
Ok guys, I don't ever complain about companies but I really want this heard and hopefully taken into consideration by Skinz. I am hoping some of you feel the same.

I have been trying to get skinz parts all season and have not been able to do so. They run out of stock every single year it seems by the time the season starts, meaning if you don't complete your build before the season starts or if you buy a new sled mid-season and want to modify it you are SOL. Not even burandt or Vohk have much of their stuff in stock.

Now all I hear is "We can't get enough supply" so WHY WHY WHY can't skinz find better suppliers. If you can sell far more product why not find replacement or additional suppliers to meet demand? Seems like a poor way to run a company and a great way to bother your loyal customers who want to send you big money for high priced parts.
Ok, off my soapbox. Anyone else getting tired of this?

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Why do you think that those are not concerns on their part? Do you know if they want to develop into a bigger company or are happy being the small business they are now? Maybe a bigger company is looking to buy them and build on it.

Just saying...you as the consumer probably know very little about what is going on behind the scenes. So we consumers have to be patient as building their parts takes a lot of human hands to make. It isn't a simple widget. I feel your frustrations but we are all dealing with it on many things...not just adult toys...

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
For being top shelf high cost parts their website has always been terrible. Worked on my buddies sled, cb's x games racer. Man those carbon panels are sick. The bumper is my build, and the wheels are new ice age IMG_20210302_192819_372.jpg

I'm sure they are all feeling the covid blues like everyone else do I'll give em a pass for now. I feel like a lot of their issues stem from helping out the elites of the sport... making every joe want them. Good problems to have and it's commendable atleast that they clearly do a good job. It takes balls to be different!

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
It's not just this year(covid) they have not been reliable for years. It's funny that is seams impossible to get some Skinz parts but then find them on part clearing houses sites in Texas and Tenn. later in the summer. IMO boards and bumpers I buy....never a-arms or other parts that I may need mid season

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I haven’t ordered from them this season but in seasons past I have ordered lots of their parts and never had a issue or problem getting what I ordered and I’m in Canada.
Mind you because I sled I order parts and work on my sled in the summer and sled winter time but hey that’s just me.
It being winter I’m installing a supercharger for my Corvette so I can drive it once the snow melts...;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I haven’t ordered from them this season but in seasons past I have ordered lots of their parts and never had a issue or problem getting what I ordered and I’m in Canada.
Mind you because I sled I order parts and work on my sled in the summer and sled winter time but hey that’s just me.
It being winter I’m installing a supercharger for my Corvette so I can drive it once the snow melts...;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sounds of bald eagles and smells of cherry pie. You sure your canadian? ?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ok guys, I don't ever complain about companies but I really want this heard and hopefully taken into consideration by Skinz. I am hoping some of you feel the same.

I have been trying to get skinz parts all season and have not been able to do so. They run out of stock every single year it seems by the time the season starts, meaning if you don't complete your build before the season starts or if you buy a new sled mid-season and want to modify it you are SOL. Not even burandt or Vohk have much of their stuff in stock.

Now all I hear is "We can't get enough supply" so WHY WHY WHY can't skinz find better suppliers. If you can sell far more product why not find replacement or additional suppliers to meet demand? Seems like a poor way to run a company and a great way to bother your loyal customers who want to send you big money for high priced parts.
Ok, off my soapbox. Anyone else getting tired of this?

Hi Karen.

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Hi Karen.
This comment has made me laugh about 5 times this week.

Guess I'm easy... too... entertain?

Skinze air frames from Cole willford are sick. Read the instructions 9 times and then burned them. Freestyled it onto a cmx x now I get to use the hole hog !!!
087d60eb6551b57db01eeef511a7b0c1.jpg
622588e2801127c1bc7227215a7d8a00.jpg
08b58db824665700da642d1f9c84311d.jpg
4d03872d6ee89b06879f80d69c5131ca.jpg
a12d2b598d8c4c6bff0867efc8ff5647.jpg
0040f5d570301faff627f7d0ed71ef42.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features