• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avid Polaris Center Drivers F/s $150 Plus shipping.

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
Like new (used one trip) drivers- 2013-2021 Aluminum Hex, 3.5" pitch. Went a different direction.

These drivers are similar to the stock drivers found on late model Polaris snowmobiles with center antiratchet drivers. These are sold as a set, you will need 1 per snowmobile. Your track will need to be center ported

IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0881.jpg

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
What we are seeing with the stock drivers for the series 8 is that the outer drivers are in contact with the track nubs while the center drive is in the middle of the open window and not contacting. Now with the larger 3.5 pitch that is far from contacting the window. The outer nub drivers have a larger footprint than the center cog so this is expected. What Polaris should have done is made both outers and center driver contact at the same time because in the stock form if the track is loose it will lift the track away from the nubs when ratcheting long before the center drive has a chance to contact. Polaris should have changed the timing on the center driver compared to the outer.

These look like the center cog and the outer cog have the same footprint and should contact together.

My only concern with the aftermarket drivers and the 3.5" pitch is the movement forward and backward the driver can move in the 3.5" pitch. Not sure if it will bang hard when grabbing a handful of brake and the track slides to the other side of the driver? Will find out soon as I am changing drivers too.

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
What we are seeing with the stock drivers for the series 8 is that the outer drivers are in contact with the track nubs while the center drive is in the middle of the open window and not contacting. Now with the larger 3.5 pitch that is far from contacting the window. The outer nub drivers have a larger footprint than the center cog so this is expected. What Polaris should have done is made both outers and center driver contact at the same time because in the stock form if the track is loose it will lift the track away from the nubs when ratcheting long before the center drive has a chance to contact. Polaris should have changed the timing on the center driver compared to the outer.

These look like the center cog and the outer cog have the same footprint and should contact together.

My only concern with the aftermarket drivers and the 3.5" pitch is the movement forward and backward the driver can move in the 3.5" pitch. Not sure if it will bang hard when grabbing a handful of brake and the track slides to the other side of the driver? Will find out soon as I am changing drivers too.
What driver are you going to?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
What driver are you going to?
PowderFreaks. He has a center version too but if I'm pulling the skid and axle I might as well go all the way and have 2 anti-ratchet sprockets. My only reservation besides cutting the rails is that no-one seems to achieve having the introverts contact the front and back of the nubs in the track AND contact the open windows at the same time. I believe slamming on the brakes will have the track slam to the other side of the drivers and with a 3.5" pitch that is a long hard slap. I hope I won't feel it too much. You can see in the attached picture that the introvert and extrovert driver on the PowderFreaks will contact together. The stock inner and outer driver when held together shows that the foot for the nub drivers is bigger than the center driver cog. I wish aftermarket driver manufacturers would take into account of the far spacing between the nubs and make that cog wider only at the back side to keep the track from shifting forward and backward.

drivers.jpg

Premium Features